How Much Does Ginseng Cost?
Ginseng is a type of perennial plant that can be used in a variety of ways. Ginseng can be used as an adaptogen, aphrodisiacs and as treatment for type II diabetes. Another study cites that ginseng can increase libido performance.
How much is it?
- The cost of ginseng will depend on the variety, the quality, its form and where it’s purchased. On average, ginseng can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $40 depending on the length of the plant.
- For a supplement found in pill form, a 100 to 300 capsule supplemental bottle can retail for $7 to $25. For example, the popular Now Foods Panax Ginseng retails for $17 to $30.
- The website SchumacherGinseng.com sells different varieties of ginseng, which include long and short as well as tubs of ginseng. Long ginseng sold by this establishment can cost $30 to $37, while short ones can be purchased for $25 to $35.
- GinsengFAQ.com is a website that dedicates itself in providing information regarding ginseng. They provide information on where to find ginseng as well as the different ways in which this plant can be used. According to the site the price of ginseng can reach anywhere from $24 to $45.
What is going to be included?
- Ginseng is available in different sizes and is usually placed inside a plastic container. Some sellers can offer fresh ginseng, while others opt to sell ginseng that has been processed as a supplement.
- Ginseng has been popularly taken as tea. It is usually sold in powdered form and placed in tea bags. This is said to treat erectile dysfunction for men; this belief has led ginseng to be mixed with energy drinks designed to improve performance for men.
What are the extra costs?
- The good thing about ginseng is that you do not have to buy anything else when you purchase it since it can be used just as it is. However, you may have a hard time finding fresh ginseng and may have to resort looking online for a dealer. If you do order online, expect to pay for the shipping charges.
Tips to know:
- If you plan on taking ginseng, remember that there can be side effects to it. There have been studies that point to ginseng causing inability to sleep as well as diarrhea, nose bleeds, and an increase in blood pressure. There are other side effects to it as well, so make sure you know what to look for when taking it.
- The different varieties of ginseng can have varying effects on the body and can lead to overdose. Panax ginseng usually causes bleeding and dry mouth and lips as well as fidgeting and irritability
How can I save money?
- Ginseng can be hard to find and the prices online can be high. Base your purchase decision depending on the severity of the need. If you are looking for fresh ginseng, you will be able to find it online, but there are alternatives such as powdered ginger that are easier to find and will probably be cheaper.