How Much Does Goat Cheese Cost?
Goat cheese has always been considered as one of the healthiest cheeses in the world. It comes with the privilege of being one of the few products that are made from goat’s milk. After much research, it has been found that goat cheese comes with the least amount of fat and the best metabolic benefits. Notably, goat cheese is also something that offers you the richest source of calcium. This means that you get to have improved bone formations as well as protection for the colon cells that may cause cancer. In addition, eating goat cheese will bring about this better vital function for the body: it prevents blood clots, and motivates the body to produce healthier enzymes that it needs for its normal function.
How much does it cost?
- On average, goat cheese already processed in the store is going to cost anywhere from $1 to $4 per ounce. By pound, the costs can be anywhere from $13 to $22 per pound.
- Gourmet packages can often cost as much as $20+ per pound. With so many different types of cheese available, the quality can often dictate the final price.
- For instance, a mild and creamy pound of goat cheese can retail for $8, while a gift box filled with 3 pounds can retail for $60.
- CarrValleyCheese.com offers a variety of cheese that ranges in price anywhere from $15 to as much as $20 per pound.
- Researchers state that the price for the goat cheese is actually quite affordable considering the fact that goats produce only a few liters of milk unlike the cows. However, the fact is that the feeds for the cows are more expensive while the goats eat only a few pounds of food. Basically, a goat gives a lower volume of milk but costs a lot less to feed and maintain.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a bar or tub of this goat cheese, some believe that you are getting the best cheese on the market. Typically, the product comes with the ingredients that will help the body develop its metabolic processes. Initially, there are some brands that offer you different flavors, and the most popular would be the ones with herbs and olives in them. Some may have a nutty flavor, while some may have a pinch of chocolate.
- Depending on the type of cheese, some can be aged for months to give it a distinct flavor. The type of cheese that you use will depend on the recipe or purpose for which you are using the cheese.
- Depending on the packaging, the goat cheese may come with recommendations or recipes in which the cheese can be used. There are also many recipes and suggestions for use that can be found online.
What are the extra costs?
- For most goat farmers, the basic costs of the cheese would be the feed that is used to feed the goat. If you want to ensure organic cheese products, then you may have to spend more money for a higher quality feed.
- Typically, goat cheese will require refrigeration at some point; due to this, you may have to pay extra for expedited shipping if you purchase this product online.
- As mentioned above, gift boxes can increase the price.
Factors that influence the price:
- Among the elements that often affect the pricing of the goat cheese is the location it was manufactured. Typically, the farther away the cheese was produced, the higher the costs will be.
- Usually, the goats that produce the milk source will also play a major role in the pricing of the goat cheese.
- The price can also be determined by the environment of the goat. Goat’s raised with higher standards will yield products that are more expensive.
Tips to know:
- It is best to look for a brand that produced the cheese. There are some brands that offer you goat cheese on the labels, but more than often, you end up with ingredients that are not typically made of goats’ milk. Make sure you research the different brands that are available to see which ones are worth buying.
- Review the FDA recommendation of the labels to make sure the cheese has undergone the necessary testing prior to its release to the market.
How can I save money?
- The best thing that you can do to really save on the goat cheese is to make sure that you choose high quality products. There are plenty of brands out there that claim to offer good goat cheeses at really affordable prices. It is never best to go for the cheapest priced products as usually the ingredients that it offers are not genuine. If you want to save money, then go for the best products that will not require you to purchase several bars or tubs of goat cheese just to get the flavor. Saving money may mean sacrificing quality, which you never want to do, especially with food.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|