How Much Does Ground Beef Cost?
Ground beef is known to be one of the most versatile types of meat preparation, especially in the U.S., where it is considered a staple ingredient for households in America. Ground beef can be used to make things such as spaghetti, hamburgers, and tacos. It is made of pieces of beef that has been ground up either manually or with a grinder. Some beef is ground lean when beef sirloin is used and some has fat, which is commonly known in the U.S. as regular ground beef or hamburger.
How much does it cost?
- Today’s prices for ground beef is considered to be the highest in America so far. However, the price of ground beef could change in any time. Depending on the quality of the ground beef, the costs of ground beef can vary anywhere from $4 to as much as $8 per pound for organically grown beef.
- For example, at Grassfedtraditions.com, six packages of grass-fed Traditions Ground Beef are sold for $45, and for $90, 12 packages of ground beef can be purchased. Each pack contains approximately 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef.
- 16 pounds of Premium Ground Beef is sold for at Omaha Steaks. Each pack has 1lb of grain-fed ground beef.
- Northernharvest.info has packages of 40 pounds of ground beef that retails for $200. When sold individually, it can cost $5.79 per pound, with the assurance that the beef ground is extra lean.
What is going to be included?
- Ground beef is mostly sold in 1 pound-packs in your grocery store or through the internet. They can also be sold in 2.25 pound and 5 pound packs, depending on the retailer’s packaging.
- Most ground beef sold in stores are freezer-packed and are ready to cook. They can come in trays and plastic wraps or in tubes.
- Ground beef can be bought from supermarkets or it can be ordered online and shipped to you. Ground beef that has been ordered online will be shipped with dry ice and should be on your doorstep within a few days to ensure freshness.
What are the extra costs?
- The prices may depend on the type of ground beef you want to have. Lean beef that is ground costs higher compared to the regular ground beef with fat. Ground beef is lean when it is composed only of lean meat, which usually comes from beef sirloin.
- If you need your ground beef shipped to you, you may be required to pay for the shipping fee. Most shipments for ground beef arrive in a day or two, so rest assured that your order comes to you in great shape.
Factors that influence the price
- Changes in Supply and Demand. There are times that the supply for beef in a certain area is deferred due to some circumstances. Ground beef prices would increase when there is higher demand of beef products compared to the supply.
- Competition. Since there are several retailers of ground beef, they usually control the price because consumers would resist buying a certain product if the price if way past their budget.
- Quantity of Beef in a Pack. Different ground beef packs contain different quantities. They come in 1 pound to 5 pound packs or even more than that.
- Amount of fat. The less fat the ground beef contains, the healthier it will be. However, this will also make it more expensive.
Tips to know:
- If there farms near you, you can choose to get your ground beef directly from them. You can actually call the farm and place an order for the amount of ground beef you need so they can prepare it for you.
- Regular ground beef is cheaper than lean ground beef. If you want a healthier option, then it would be better to get extra lean ground beef for your menus.
- Go through your ground beef needs for the week. You should know the amount of beef you need to consume in a week so you can buy them ahead. Ground beef is only fresh for a few days if it is raw. If you freeze it, it can last much longer.
- Make sure you brown the ground beef thoroughly until there is no red left.
How can I save money?
- Buying ground beef in bulk may help you save money. The next time you go to the supermarket or even a wholesaler, be sure to get enough ground beef that you will need for the week.
- Some stores have sales throughout the week. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled to see what kind of sales you can find. If the prices are good, purchase more you need usual and freeze the extra.
- One practical way to save money on your ground beef is to wait for the discounted packs. This is usually when the beef is going to expire. As long as you cook it right away, there should not be any problems with it. This is a way for grocery stores to get rid of it quickly so that it does not go to waste.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|