How Much Does Hall Rental Cost?
When you want to hold a large birthday party, retirement party, or even a wedding, you may need to rent a hall in order to git all your guests. Renting of a hall will also allow you to enjoy the party more instead of constantly working at the party. Whether you want to rent a hall at the local VFW or maybe even a local building, the cost of renting a hall is going to vary greatly according to a few different factors.
How much are hall rental prices?
- On average, most halls are going to charge for the simple setups. This is going to include tables, chairs, electricity, as well as access to a kitchen or bar. This can cost anywhere from $50 to $600 per hour.
- A VFW hall is going to range anywhere from $50 to as much as $300 per hour depending on the location. Most halls are going to demand a higher price tag on the weekends since they are in greater demand. Also, keep in mind that most are going to want a 2-4 hour minimum length in order to book the hall.
- Some halls will charge per person rather than per hour. For example, hotels with conference centers can cost as much as $20 to $60 per person. For a 100 person 4-6 hour party, the hotel conference room can cost as much as $6,000. Some hotels will include catering, open bars and more. Results are going to highly vary.
What are the extra costs?
- Food, alcohol and drinks are going to have to be supplied by the party attending. Some halls may have packages that include items such as this. Keep in mind that some counties/cities may not allow you to have alcohol in the hall at all.
- Music and entertainment will need be factored in.
- Some halls have djs, security guards, and bartenders avilable for hire. Most of these services are going to start at $25 per hour. Waitresses and waiters can also be hired for the night.
- Halls are going to charge fees on top of the hourly rate. Cleaning, kitchen availability, as well as other various fees may be applied to the overall bill. These fees can start at $25 and go up from there.
- All halls are going to require a security deposit. This deposit is going to protect the hall from any damage that is done. If damage is done, this security deposit may be kept. The deposit is anywhere from 50-100% of the total cost.
What is going to be included?
- Some halls will create packages that include food, a waitstaff and bartender. Be sure to talk with the hall owner to see what best suits your needs.
- A kitchen, electricity, and tables and chairs will more than likely be included. Some halls will require that you have to set them up yourself.
How can I save money?
- Shop around your town. Check with local VFW halls, hotels and more. Talk with at least 3 halls before signing a contract.
- Try to haggle with some venues as many will bring the price down if the time of the year is slow.
- Pick a time of the year when a lot of other people aren’t booking hall rentals. Also consider having the party on a weekday. This can save up to 50%.
- Check with local churches in the area. Many churches have rooms which can be used for these purposes and may be quite cheaper than halls. However, most churches will require that you or someone you know is a member of the church.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|