How Much Does Hamburger Cost?
Hamburgers are a very popular food item sold in almost all countries around the world. Plenty of popular fast food chains offer hamburger as their main food item presented in various form. These forms can include the regular hamburger, the cheeseburger, the bacon burger, mushroom and swiss, etc. Also, for those that want to cook one a burger at home, most grocery stores sell hamburger meat by the pound or in frozen patties.
How much is it?
- At a supermarket, a pound of hamburger can range from $2.30 to $4 per pound depending on the quality and if it is on sale and your location. Frozen hamburgers are also sold in supermarkets. These include the bun, cheese and the patty. They are sold in packs of 6 or more and prices starts at $8 to $12.
- Hamburgers are also served in a variety of stores such as food chains and supermarkets. A typical fast food hamburger usually costs $1 to $5.
- Although they are popular with fast food joints, hamburgers are also served in restaurants. Restaurant hamburgers are presented more elegantly and are usually made with higher quality meat compared to their fast food counterparts. These burgers are often served with a side of french fries or another form of potatoes. They usually cost anywhere from $8 to $20 for a complete meal.
- Another variety of hamburgers are the frozen patties. Frozen hamburger patties are raw and uncooked upon purchase. A 6 pack hamburger patty made from high grade beef is sold for $13 to $20.
What are the extra costs?
- If you buy the patty alone, extra costs will be the other ingredients that are added in the burger. These ingredients are the bun, cheese, catsup, lettuce, etc. You may have to spend a total of $5 to $10 but this will be enough to make more than a batch of hamburgers.
What is going to be included?
- Restaurant hamburgers are more expensive, but they are bigger and usually have a side of French fries. A restaurant hamburger also comes with the convenience of being served and not having to clean up.
- Value meals have been popular with fast food chains and the hamburgers are offered with a drink and French fries for a discounted price.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by making fresh patties from scratch. The total cost can be divided with the ingredients that you will add in the hamburger. This will allow you to make plenty of hamburgers for a relatively low cost.
- Consider looking at clearance racks at local grocery stores. When the hamburger is about to expire, the meat will be thrown in a special bin. From there, be sure to take it home and freeze it. By freezing hamburger, you can extend it’s lifespan by more than a few months if sealed properly.
- If you eat at a fast food restaurant, you can buy their value meals which includes French fries and drinks.
- Check for local sales at supermarkets as well as check for local coupons to ensure that you are getting the best deal for your meal/meat.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|