How Much Does Hulu Cost?
Hulu is an online and over-the-top video service that provides ad-supported hit shows, movies, clips, trailers, behind-the-scenes footage, and other new media. Currently available only to users in the United States of America and its overseas territories, Hulu’s choice of premium programming is brought about by over 400 content companies. Its mission is “to help people find and enjoy the world’s premium video content when, where, and how they want it…”
Hulu is a collaboration of NBC Universal Television Group (Comcast), Disney-ABC Television Group (The Walt Disney Company), and Fox Broadcasting Company (News Corp). This service is primarily used online through its website, and you can watch any content offered right on a tablet, phone, desktop or laptop computer.
How much does it cost?
- While there is much content on Hulu that can be watched for no charge, there is also a premium subscription can cost $7.99 per month. If the free version route is taken, however, plan on watching more ads when compared to the premium version.
What is going to be included?
- Hulu enables its users to enjoy varied videos on Hulu.com and on many other well-known sites, such as Yahoo!, AOL, IMDb, MSN, and TV Guide.
- The free version of Hulu will have a limited amount of content and will contain ads that vary from 15 to 30 seconds in length. The premium subscription offers more content to the holder and a lot fewer ads than the free version.
- Common channels and companies that Hulu works with include MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, Sony, Paramount and hundreds more.
- Hulu also provides several famous movies and documentaries, and other shows from the Miramax and the Criterion Collection.
- Since Hulu Pro is ad-supported, expect some 30-second commercials during the course of a show. There is no software that has to be installed aside from the Flash software that is probably already on your computer.
- On the dashboard, the user is able to browse by the title, genre, studio name or by popularity.
- Hulu only streams up to 720p.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to play Hulu through devices such as a blu-ray player, gaming console, mobile phone or set-top box like Roku, these devices will all be an additional charge to think about.
- If you want to connect your laptop to your television so you can enjoy hulu on the big screen, you will need an HDMI cable or a third-party device such as the Roku. This cable or connection may be different depending on your laptop and tv. These connections simply need to be plugged into the laptop and television, and then the correct input needs to be chosen.
Tips to know:
- Since its inception in 2007, Hulu has drawn a number of competitors. But, being the first in the business and having solidly established its name in the subconscious of viewers, Hulu has remained the top-rated online TV in America.
- On the free version of Hulu, viewers can enjoy watching the latest episodes of many television shows and a limited number of movies. While, with Hulu Pro, subscribers are allowed access to all episodes of television shows, more movies, plus the privilege to watch the shows on iPhone or iPad devices, or with an internet television device.
- On June 2013, Hulu Plus introduced another kind of iPad experience by allowing users to multi-task while watching a video.
- Hulu Plus is made for those that tend to be avid TV fans.
How can I save money?
- Try Hulu Plus for one week. After that week, if you do not like it, you can cancel with no penalty.
- If you are a subscriber to Hulu Plus, you get the chance to earn money if you refer it to prospective customers or subscribers.
- Hulu is not the only premium service on the block. Similar services, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, can offer different content packages for similar prices.