How Much Does Jade Cost?
Stones are used in different ways such as building houses, roads, and buildings. Stones are also used in jewelry and can be designed into different shapes and sizes. One of the more popular ornamental stones is the Jade Stone, which is very popular in China. Although more popularly known as Jade, the name actually implies two different metamorphic rocks made up of different silicate minerals. Jade nowadays is used in charms as well as different jewelries. Its green color makes it more attractive to some.
How much is it?
- Jade sold as a stone varies depending on the type. According to the Calmspirit, it’s graded with three different letters. These letters are A, B, C. An ‘A’ jade stone can cost $100 to $200, while a lower grade may be significantly cheaper. A higher end, rarer type of jade stone can cost as much as $10,000 or more.
- Jade is sold in different shapes and forms. These stones are manufactured as ornaments as well as jewelries. The price varies depending on the type of the end product, as well as the type of materials used. A sterling silver genuine jade stone bead can cost $8 to $13.
- Jade used as an ornament for Woodstock chimes can cost $9 to $15.
- Jade stone is very popular in China, and because of that, you may find many jade ornaments that are designed as horses and dragons. For example, a natural jade stone carved with the design of power dragon amulet can cost $3 to $7.
- Jade also makes an attractive lamp shade. This item could cost $13 to $30.
What are the extra costs?
- Since many products may be purchased overseas, an extra shipping fee may be applied to the final purchase total.
- If you buy a raw jade stone and you want to turn it into a jewelry, you may have to pay for the fabrication of the item. Many jewelers that sell the jade stone may offer services that can create something to your liking.
What is going to be included?
- The inclusions will differ depending on the item that you purchase. Most of the items will come with a standard warranty to cover at least the first year.
- Purchasing a stone by itself may include a certification, as well as a lifetime guarantee.
- Jade is going to be rated in three categories that are going to include utility, commercial and gem. If you’re looking for a quality based jade, make sure that a certificate is available to ensure it’s authenticity. Keep in mind that most of the jade that you’re going to find on the market will be a commercial grade.
How can I save money?
- Get only the items that you need. People tend to spend a lot for jewelry that they don’t need, so just be sure to get the ones that you will be able to use.
- There are several stores that sell jade and jade products. You can compare prices among stores and buy from the one that can offer the best price. Be sure to ask about the quality as well as the grade of the stone itself.