How Much Does a Laparoscopy Cost?
A Laparoscopy is one way of performing surgery in the abdomen which is less invasive than a regular open abdominal surgery. Surgeons usually make a small incision in the navel and insert a viewing tube that has a small camera and an eyepiece. The doctors will then be able to examine the abdominal organs, as well have the power to insert other instruments to be able to perform different procedures. There are different types of laparoscopies and the prices are going to vary based on many different factors.
How much does a laparoscopy cost?
- Laparoscopy is the general term in which surgeries on different parts of the abdomen is performed. A laparoscopy done to remove the gallbladder can cost $2,000 to $4,500.
- A Laparoscopy repair of hernia unilateral, ureterolithotomy, nephrectomy, pyelolithotomy, adhesiolysis and renal cyst can cost $3,500 to $5,500.
- One of the most expensive laparoscopies is the cholecystectomy with CBD exploration. This process will removal the gall bladder with a common bile duct exploration. This procedure can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $5,500.
- Health insurance companies will generally cover this type of procedure if deemed necessary by a health official. Be sure to consult with your health insurance provider to see what they cover.
What are the extra costs?
- Anesthesia is used to lessen the amount of pain you feel during the surgery. Anesthesia prices can range from $500 to $800.
- Operating rooms are the safest area where a surgery can be performed. The operating room fee is priced anywhere from $600 to $1,900. Since this is an outpatient procedure, there more than likely will not be an overnight stay at a hospital unless the circumstance is severe.
- Even though it can be rare, complications can pop up during the procedure. If this is the case, additional surgeries could be involved, resulting in higher costs.
- A doctor’s fee or professional fee is paid on top of the surgery fee. A physician’s fee varies depending on his skills and is priced anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000.
What is going to be included?
- Initial diagnosis is included with the price of the surgery. You will be able to get a free assessment of the situation before the actual surgery.
- A laparoscopy will create a small incision within your abdomen area. Once this incision has been made, the doctor will insert a smaller instrument. This instrument will be able to view area such as as the ovaries and fallopian tubes. If any problems are noted, the doctor can fix the area by attaching instruments.
Questions to ask:
- How often have you performed this type of procedure? What is your success rate and have you ever seen complications in the past?
- What kind of diseases do you most often see when you complete this type of surgery?
- What is the average procedure recovery time?
- What are some tips that you can recommend to me before coming into the clinic?
How can I save money?
- Compare prices between different clinics and make sure that you get quotes from them as well. Try to check with your medical providers to make sure that you are covered to save on different fees.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|