How Much Does Lasagna Cost?
Lasagna is a layered pasta dish that is often cooked in the oven; it is topped with cheese and stuffed with meat between layers. Lasagna can come in many different forms, whether it is straight from a can or prepared fresh using different ingredients such as noodles, meat, cottage cheese, peppers, spices, and more. Lasagna is sold in a variety of forms and its price depends on the product that you choose.
How much is it?
- A homemade lasagna will cost $15 to $50 for the complete set of ingredients. For example, the World’s Best Lasagna has ingredients such as sausage, onion, tomato paste, basil and more.
- Lasagna can be purchased in boxes that have everything included. Some companies offer lasagna in ready to prepare boxes with everything included. These boxes can cost anywhere from $10 to $60. Most of the time, you’ll get more than 1 box in a package. For example, Omaha Steaks sells a tray for $9 to $15.
- Ready to cook lasagna which can serve 2 to 3 people can be cooked quite easily. This brand of pasta is available only from $5 to $10 per tray.
- A brand such as Hormel offers ready to eat lasagna that comes in microwaveable bowls. This product can cost $14 to $17 for a package of 6 to 10 bowls. In the grocery store, these will cost $2 to $4 per bowl. Another brand such as Chef Boyardee offers 7.5 ounce lasagna in microwaveable bowls in packs of 12. This product only needs to be heated in the microwave oven for 45 seconds. Chef Boyardee sells this product for $12 to $20.
What are the extra costs?
- A lasagna pan is needed if you purchase dry lasagna and you plan to make a lasagna dish at home.
- Additional ingredients will be an additional cost if you plan to make your own pasta dish. This will include cheese, meat and other seasonings. All recipes are going to vary depending on which dish you’re going to make, as well as how many people are going to be eating the dish.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of pasta you purchase, there will be different inclusions. Ready to eat lasagna will have the serving bowl and other ingredients will be included. The serving bowl is also included with the lasagna to be easily placed inside the microwave oven.
Tips to know:
- Spray the pan with a simple cooking spray before placing the ingredients in. This is going to stop the lasagna from sticking when taking it out.
- For a lot of flavor, consider adding a pinch of garlic to the recipe.
- If the recipe calls for something such as olive oil, consider getting authentic olive oil.
- While most recipes are going to call for stock noodles in the store, consider making the noodles on your own by making homemade pasta.
- If the recipe calls for canned tomatoes, consider using chopped up fresh ones rather than the can.
How can I save money?
- Buy fresh if you plan on serving more people at a given time. If you buy and cook your own pasta, you’ll be able to serve more people at a lower cost.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|