How Much Does a Latte Cost?
Today, one of the most popular drinks is the latte, also known as the caffe latte. A latte is a coffee drink that is made out of espresso and steamed milk. The word “latte” means milk, although in most English speaking countries the term latte is used as a reference to caffe latte. Ordering a latte in Italy would simply give you a cup of hot or cold milk. The term caffe latte is the same as the French term “café au lait.” Lattes are offered in many various forms and are sold in coffee shops as well as the supermarket. A latte is made and served in coffee houses, while packed latte is sold in the supermarket. The price varies depending on the size and number of packs of latte included.
How much is it?
- On average, a latte at your local coffee house will cost $3 to $6 for a cup. Packaged lattes that can serve up to 8 to 16 cups can cost $12 to $30 or more per package.
- Maxwell House offers a latte with their Café Collection Latte brand. This box is capable of making 8 servings can cost anywhere from $12 to $17.
- 2 packs of Gevalia latte that can make up to 8 servings can cost $18 to $22. This contains pre-measured ingredients so you can have the perfect latte everytime.
- A higher quality brand such as Starbucks, which offers latte in their Latte Primo brand, sells 2 pack, 8 count packages of latte for $45 to $56.
- Coffee houses offer lattes that can be more expensive since they are made on the spot and are served right away. The size for the latte can range from small to large and the price can be from $3 to $6.
What are the extra costs?
- To achieve the perfect latte, you’ll need the right tools, such as the espresso maker; this can cost $80 to $250 depending on the brand.
- A milk frother is also optional to add volume to the milk that is placed on top of the espresso cup. A handheld milk frother can cost anywhere from $13 to $19.
What is going to be included?
- Latte packs purchased in a supermarket either come pre-measured or come with a scoop. This enables you to make the perfect cup each time.
- Ordering a latte from a coffee shop allows you to make whatever changes you would like, such as using skim milk instead of whole milk, etc.
How can I save money?
- There are several brands that offer lattes and they are priced differently. You can try each brand and then go for the one that suits your taste and is also one of the less expensive ones.
- If you can skip out on purchasing one from a local coffee shop, consider making one at home. This alone will not only save you a great amount of money, you can get a lot of servings from one batch.
- For those that want to go to a popular coffee shop such as Starbucks, consider looking for coupons or special promotions to take advantage of before heading in. Many shops will offer promotions and coupons to lure people in.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|