How Much Does Lemon Juice Cost?
Whether it is the beverage type or a juice powder, lemon juice is perfect for preparing tasty dishes and for mixing into beverages as well. There are even lemon juice diets that claim to not only help you lose weight but also cleanse your system. This can all be done for fairly cheap since lemon juice is not very expensive.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a small bottle of lemon juice that is less than 16 ounces is going to cost $1 to $4. However, the more you purchase at once, the more you are going to be able to save.
- For example, a two pack of the 48-ounce RealLemon brand retails for $14.
- A 6.75-oz bottle of DeLallo Lemon Juice Slice from DeLallo costs $2.50.
What is going to be included?
- Lemon juice is available in different packaging options and brands. Common sizes include 16, 32 and 48 ounces.
- Popular brands include RealLemon, Natural Strength and Dream Foods.
- Lemon juice can be bought in beverage form or in powder form. Lemon juice can also be purchased in plastic bottles or in jars. Depending on the manufacturer, lemon juice can be prepared from concentrate with natural lemon juice or made with 100% lemon juice. Lemon juice in powder form can be made from corn syrup solids, lemon juice and lemon oil.
- RealLemon, for instance, uses over 31 different types of lemons to create their juice.
Benefits of lemon juice
- Lemon juice can reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Lemon juice mixed with honey is a great way to soothe a sore throat. This is especially true if the mixture is warmed up before drinking.
- Lemon juice contains pectin, which boosts metabolism and therefore helps in the weight loss struggles.
- Mixing lemon juice with hot water in the morning will boost your energy level and give you vitamin C, eliminating the need for coffee.
- Mix lemon juice with corn starch to make an anti-itch medication for insect bites or rashes.
- Your digestive system works more efficiently when lemon juice is part of your regular diet.
- Citrus compounds are believed to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Lemon juice gives you body a good dose of potassium.
- A fever can be more easily eliminated by using lemon juice.
What are the extra costs?
- When shopping online, shipping may be charged separately. With some online dealers, shipping fees may depend on the location, the quantity and the weight of the orders, among other factors.
Tips to know:
- When traveling, lemon juice powder may be a good option. The reason is that lemon juice powder does not require refrigeration and can be stored without problems.
- When buying fresh lemons, pick out the smooth-skinned ones that are heavy for their size. Also, the lemon skin should have a bright yellow color and with a fine grain texture. Avoid soft, wrinkled, rough, hard and bumpy lemons as they usually do not yield the most juice.
- Rather than storing lemons, it is often ideal to store the juice instead. It is done by squeezing the lemons and pouring the juice into ice cube trays and freezing them. They can be then kept inside freezer bags and stored for several months.
- A mixture of plain water and lemon juice can cut through the grease build up in your kitchen.
- Lemon juice is a disinfectant that can be used to clean your kitchen or bathroom. All the cleaners that have lemon in them are not just using that for the scent, but for the cleaning power in the acid of the juice.
- Dilute the lemon juice in water and lightly apply it to your face. Let it set for 10 minutes and then wash it off. This can even the skin tone.
- Lemon juice can be used in place of window cleaner.
- Tarnish that builds up on copper and other metals can be easily removed using lemon juice.
- Spraying lemon juice on your hair is an all-natural way to get highlights.
How can I save money?
- Buy in bulk to avail of discounted prices for multiple orders.
- Find online sellers that offer free shipping or web stores that offer to ship the products for free to customers who place minimum orders.
- Buy fresh lemons and juice them to get all-natural freshly-squeezed lemon juice. Compared with other lemon juice products, buying fresh lemons and juicing them yourself does not only ensure freshness of the lemon juice, but it can also be more affordable.