How Much Does Limestone Cost?
Limestone is a type of rock that is used extensively in different industries such as construction and as animal feed. Aside from these basic uses, limestone is also used in mines where it provides illumination and reduces the amount of cold dust stirred by the different activities in the mine. Cement is probably the most famous byproduct of limestone.
How much is it?
- Because limestone is so readily available, the cost can be quite low. It is pretty inexpensive and can cost next to nothing to purchase and use. The price will simply depend on the amount of limestone that you will purchase as well as the company through which you purchase the limestone.
- The cost of limestone will depend on the amount purchased, quality, type, if delivery is involved, geographical location and where it’s purchased from. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $10 to as much as $75 per ton of limestone.
- For example, HamptonHauling.net provides limestone that can be used for different purposes and comes in different forms. The limestone sold through this site can be used as fertilizer filler; there is also pelletized dolomitic limestone sold on the site. These can be purchased for $10 to $72 per ton. The price does not include the cost to haul the limestone to your place.
- Another site that sells limestone is ACStoneInc.com. This store offers limestone that is designed differently. Pier caps, wall caps, and water table sills are some of the types of designs the limestone is made into. The price of the limestone sold on this site can range anywhere from $25 to $85 depending on the design that you will buy.
What is going to be included?
- Limestone is very popular in architecture and in construction. There are plenty of landmarks in the United States and in the world that are made of limestone. Limestone is readily available and can be easily cut into blocks before being used.
- Although popular in construction, limestone is not good and can be impractical for tall buildings. Buildings can crumble quickly all by themselves due to the components that make them.
- There are a lot of other byproducts that can be made from limestone. They can be made into tiles and used a an extender for animal feeds.
What are the extra costs?
- Buying limestone usually involves hauling of the product to your place since there is a large chance that it will be ordered in bulk. You will need to hire trucks to haul limestone. The cost to haul the limestone depends on the distance and the amount of limestone that will be purchased. On average, delivery can start from $100 and go up from there depending upon how much stone has to be delivered.
Tips to know:
- Remember that there are plenty of uses for limestone but there are limitations to where it can be used. Building structures such as skyscrapers and towers are not advised to use limestone since they do not hold pretty well.
How can I save money?
- Limestone can be purchased from establishments that provide construction materials. It is sold at different prices so you may have to do some shopping around. Check for the prices offered by the different construction suppliers and go for the one that is sold at a low price.
- If you are going to have limestone laid as a flooring or use it for landscaping purposes, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to help find the best c0ntract rates in your local area.
- If you are going to be purchasing limestone on a regular basis, try to find a supplier to use consistently. Many companies will give discounts to faithful customers.