How Much Does a Maple Tree Cost?
Maple trees are distinguished by their opposite leaf arrangement. These trees grow from 10 to 45 meters in height, although there are shrubs less than 10 meters and some varieties grow on the ground level only. Maple trees can be used to add flavor when smoking food and used for ornaments as well. The price of maple tree depends on the type of tree as well as the age of the tree.
How much is it?
- On average, a maple tree can cost as little as $10 for a sapling to as much as $1,500 for a 20 foot tree or larger. The Arbor Day Foundation provides maple trees for as little as $6 to $10.
- One of the extremely fast growing maple trees is the Autumn Blaze Red Maple. This tree is characterized by a brilliant red color and can grow 3 feet per year until it reaches 40 feet. This is a popular shade tree that can cost $30 to $75 for a smaller, 3 to 6 foot tree.
- A Crimson King Maple is a type of maple tree that is easily transplanted and is adapted in a wide variety of soils. It is also tolerant of drought and urban pollutants. For these reasons, it is planted in parking lot islands and used as a shade tree. This type of maple leaf tree can cost $35 to $70 for a smaller 3 foot tree.
- The Legacy Sugar Maple is a tree that can resist heat and drought and is often used in lawns as shade and screens. This type of tree is sold for $35 to $60. A Japanese Maple can cost $80 to $125.
Types of maple trees:
- Box Elder
- Crimson King
- Flame Amur
- Green Mountain
- Ivy Leaved
- Legacy Sugar
- October Glory
- Purple Blow
- Red Maple
- Red Sunset
- Southern Sugar
- Three Flower
What are the extra costs?
- To help your tree grow faster and healthier, you may have to use fertilizers. Fertilizers specifically for maple trees can cost $8 to $20 per bag.
- Larger trees are going to require professional installation as well as transportation. Nurseries will charge $75 to $300 per tree, depending on the location, the size, and complexity of the planting.
What is going to be included?
- Maple trees are usually sold as is. Nurseries will wrap the tree roots to prevent it from damage as well as to keep the dirt all in one place.
- Some companies will offer free delivery if you buy more than one tree or your total bill meets the price range for a free delivery service.
How can I save money?
- Research the type of tree that would be appropriate for your house. There are maple trees that may be suitable to grow in your area but not all of them have this capability. Knowing your tree prevents accidentally buying a tree that will eventually die because of growing conditions.
- Consider the Arbor Day Foundation when you want to purchase sapling at a price less than $10.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|