How Much Does Mayonnaise Cost?
Mayonnaise is a form of sauce better known as mayo. The basic ingredients of a mayonnaise include egg yolk, vinegar or lemon juice, and oil. Mayonnaise is also used as a sandwich spread often complementing ketchup and mustard. The usual color of a mayonnaise is cream and it is often sold in jars. Mayonnaise is also used differently depending on the region. In Japan for example, mayonnaise can be used as a salad dressing and other Japanese dishes such as takoyaki. The price of mayonnaise varies depending on the type of mayonnaise purchased as well as the amount of mayonnaise in a bottle or jar.
How much is it?
- Depending on the amount of mayonnaise that you purchase, the price will vary. On average, mayonnaise is going to cost anywhere from $3 to $8 for a typical 30 to 60 ounce jar. Organic mayo is going to yield a higher price tag because of the ingredients.
- For bulk purchases, a three pack of 64 ounce bottles of real mayonnaise can cost anywhere from $20 to $23.
- Japanese mayonnaise offers a different flavor compared to the usual mayonnaise we use everyday. Japanese mayonnaise can cost anywhere from $5 to $8.
- Light mayonnaise is also popular today with people being more and more health conscious. The price for light mayonnaise can be anywhere from $3 to $6. Fat free mayonnaise is sold in the market as well and can be purchased in jars or bottles. A 30 ounce jar can cost $6 to $9.
- An organic mayonnaise, such as light mayonnaise, has also been introduced to people that is health conscious. For example, a 32 fluid ounce jar of organic mayonnaise can be purchased for the price of $13 to $18. A popular type today is a mayo that is blended with olive oil.
- Smaller packets that are designed for restaurants can cost $6 to $12 for a pack of 200 and around $18 to $27 for a pack of 500.
What are the extra costs?
- Those that want to make the product at home can do it with a mayonnaise maker. Makers can cost anywhere from $20 for a lower end unit up to $175 for a restaurant style maker.
What is going to be included?
- Mayonnaise usually comes in different types of packaging. They usually come in jars and some are even packaged in easy squeeze bottles for ease of use.
Top brands to consider:
- Pacific Rim Gourmet
How can I save money?
- Several companies sell mayonnaise and this means that the same type of mayonnaise will be sold at different prices. Compare prices before buying but leave it to your taste which one you would prefer. Sites such as Amazon offer subscribe and save services where you can save each and every month.
- Check with popular brands on their website to see if there are any coupons or offers available. Many popular brands will list coupons on their main website as well as social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook. This is a great way to check what kind of coupons are currently available.
- Try the store brand to see how it compares to the name brand.