How Much Does Nail Polish Cost?
Most women (and some men) choose to wear nail polish on a daily basis. The cost of nail polish is going to greatly vary depending on a few things such as the brand, the type of polish as well as how many are going to come included in a set itself.
How much is it?
- On average, nail polish is going to cost anywhere from $2 to as much as $25 per bottle. This will greatly depend on the brand, the quality of the nail polish as well as other various factors.
- A 6 colors set of Kleancolor Neon Nails will vary anywhere from $9 to $25 a set. The company, Kleancolor also has many other sets that have different colors. Each set will vary anywhere from $10 to $30.
- A popular brand online, OPI Lincoln Park after Dark will cost anywhere from $5 to $9 new.
- For a larger set of 20 or more nail polishes, the brand BCC has a set that ranges anywhere from $130 to as little as $30 online.
- LA Colors has a larger set too that includes more than 24 sets. This kit will cost anything from $50 to $125.
- The China Glaze Nail Lacquer by China Glaze ranges from $3 to $7 per item.
What is going to be included?
- Purchasing a kit may include a case to store them in. Purchasing a nail set alone will generally just include the nail polish itself.
- The brush itself will be included with the bottle. This acts as the top itself as well.
What are the extra costs?
- To remove the nail polish right away, you will need nail polish remover. This will range anywhere from $2 to $10+
- Storing more than 1 polish itself may get tricky. A rack may be required in order to keep your polish organized at home.
Tips to know:
- Before doing your nails, it’s best to apply a polish remover to ensure that any of the old nail polish is removed. It also prepares the nails so that the new polish can be applied to the nails.
- It’s best to wear gloves when doing dishes or heavy household around the house. By doing this, it’s going to prevent damage to your nails.
- Consider going to local beauty shops as many have a try it before you buy it type deal. This is a great way to see how the nail polish is going to look on your hands before purchasing.
- Base coats are going to dry faster, while a top coat is going to look shiny.
- If your nail polish tends to bubble up, this is a sign of insufficient drying time. To avoid bubbles in the future, be sure to allow adequate drying time in between coats. Experts recommend a UV light dryer to properly dry the nails.
Top brands to consider:
- Sally Hansen
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing your polish in bulk. The more you purchase, the more you’re going to be able to save.
- Online purchases are usually cheaper than those in your local beauty store. Check out prices on various online merchants such as Amazon before paying in person.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|