How Much Does Ombre Hair Cost?
Ombre hair is one of the numerous ways that a person can improve her appearance. There are some drastic things that can be done, such as facelifts or plastic surgery, but the most common way that a person can improve her appearance is through her hair. Not only are there countless ways to cut and style hair, but there also many ways to color a person’s hair, which can be done in a variety of colors and shades. Different techniques of hair coloring have been done, but most people like to have a look that is invigorating while also being subtle and natural looking. Ombre hair coloring is what most women with long hair ask to have done. Ombre hair is a style of hair coloring in which the hair on top of the head is darkened and the ends of the hair are lightened with the same shade of the color.
How much does ombre hair cost?
- Ombre hair is done in salons as this requires professional assistance to be done right. The correct amount of hair coloring should be applied to the specific parts of the hair. It can be hard to apply the hair color to yourself, which is why a visit to the salon may be necessary. The price of having ombre hair color would depend on how long the hair is and what shade of color you would like to have on your hair; changing a dark hair color to a light hair color is usually the most expensive. On average, this application can cost anywhere from $60 to $150 for a partial application to $140 to $350 for a full application.
- Hair by Natalia is a salon that offers a variety of hair salon treatments that can greatly improve your appearance. If you would like to have ombre hair color applied to your hair, this salon offers it for anywhere from $99 to $300. The price will usually depend on how long the hair of the client is as well as the hair color she wants to have.
- TribecaSalon.com is another salon that offers various hair treatment services. Their website acknowledges that the price of having your hair colored can be an expensive investment, but having ombre hair can definitely help in keeping the costs down. If you would like to have ombre hair color applied to your hair by this salon, you can get it anywhere from $150 to $325.
- South Bay Stylist, which is another salon that provides hair treatments, prices their services for anywhere from $75 to $150 for a partial or a full-head service.
What is going to be included?
- Ombre hair can come in a variety of different styles and colors. For instance, colors can range from a dark chocolate look to a caramel coated color.
- Most salons will first wash your hair to rid it of anything that could interfere with the coloring process. They will then apply the color, let it set, and rinse it out. You hair will then be dried and styled.
What are the extra costs?
- An additional cost involved when you have this procedure done is the cost to have additional colors done. Some salons will include the hair dye while others may charge you for it.
- Generally, the darker the color is going to be, the higher the prices are going to be.
- Anytime you have a service done at a salon, you are expected to tip the hair stylist. An average tip would be 15-20% of you total charge.
Tips to know:
- There are different hair colors that you can choose from when you have ombre hair. If you do not want to go far from your normal hair color, you may want to keep the top part of the hair original while the rest would be a lighter shade of the natural hair.
- Trying to perform any hair color at home can be risky. If you are going to attempt it, make sure you read and follow all the directions exactly. If you make a mistake and ruin your hair color, it could cost you a lot of money to have it fixed by a hair stylist.
How can I save money?
- To save money, try talking with a few salons over the phone. Some salons may offer packaged prices for having your hair colored at the same time. Most of the time, these salons will be more than happy to give a quote over the phone.
- If you do not mind taking the risk, consider do it yourself ombre hair at home. With four easy steps, it can be done for as little as a few dollars. See this article to see how it can be done. It may be helpful to find a friend who can help you with this to insure that the dye is applied evenly to the correct portions of hair.
- If saving money is a big concern to you, then consider skipping ombre hair altogether. It is an unnecessary expense and can be avoided if you do not have the money. You could also opt to have basic hair color done which would be cheaper.