How Much Does Origami Owl Cost?
The Origami Owl is a direct sales company founded by 14-year old Isabella Weems, who dreamed of buying her own car for her 16th birthday. Using her own babysitting money, plus a subsidy from her parents, Weems started creating custom charm jewelry and sharing her creations through home parties.
Since then, her personal business expanded quickly, and as demands for her custom charms grew, Weems turned to other independent female designers to bring the very best and unique custom jewelry to her parties. By doing so, she gave independent designers the opportunity to establish their own business. This type of business is of the same type as Mary Kay or Pampered Chef, but it has to do with jewelry instead of makeup or cooking items.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on what is going to be purchased, a complete set of a living locket is going to range anywhere from as little as $35 to as much as $55. The charms are generally going to be less than $10, while the living locket that is required to hold the charms will cost $20 to $40. The chain will be around $10.
- For example, SparklingLockets.com claims that most charms are going to be $5.
- On the other hand, if you want to launch your own business promoting the products, the costs can be anywhere from as little as $150 for a basic package to as much as $2,600 for a “business blast start off kit.” Other kits include the 10-person and 20-person package. This would be used for a group of people who all want to sell jewelry or other items but do not want to do it alone.
What is going to be included?
- Origami Owl sells a variety of charms, dangles, living lockets, plates and chains that can come in just about any design. The unique thing about Origami Owl is that there is a tiny magnet on the back of the clasp that allows you to switch charms as you please. In order to hold the charm, a living locket and chain will be required.
- The main item Origami Owl is known for is the “living locket.” This is a necklace that can be put together and personalized for each individual, using the same concept as a Pandora bracelet. Most people have seen a living locket before but may not have known what it was called or where they could get one.
- Chains come in gold and silver and the sizes include 16-32 inches.
- The Basic Package for entrepreneurs includes several sample items, such as 36 different charms, four locket styles, and other jewelry crafting materials. It also allows you a month of personalized consultant website use.
- The 10-Person Party Package contains products and sales materials that amount to more than $900, including 108 lovely charms, ten lockets, and assorted jewelry materials, plus a month of website use to enhance your business.
- Origami Owl’s 20-Person Party Package contains custom jewelry supplies worth more than $1,800, including a month’s use of e-commerce website for free.
- Meanwhile, the Business Blast Off Starter Kit is for those who want to start big. It contains more than 500 charms, 90 lockets, and assorted jewelry supplies worth $6,000 plus free use of a website for a month.
What are the extra costs?
- You will likely spend more for every add-on you want to put into your custom jewelry. These add-ons can include optional plates and dangles, which usually are no more than $10.
- If you are using Origami Owl to start your own business, you may consider additional advertising. This will be an extra cost, but may be beneficial to the business in the long run.
Factors that influence the price:
- The final price of each jewelry piece actually depends on how many add-ons you put into it.
- Likewise, the price of living lockets fluctuates depending on its size and style; while metal plate prices depend on the material used, its size and dangle.
- Chains are also priced according to color, style, and length.
Tips to know:
- You can buy living lockets by calling or by keeping in touch with any of the independent designers.
- Every Origami Owl design serves as a personal fashion statement of the designer.
- Living lockets make great gifts for people since the plates can cater to any personality or role.
How can I save money?
- If you have the penchant for jewelry design, take advantage of any of the four packages offered by Direct Sales Aid and start your own business.
- You may also participate in Origami Owl’s different special promotions campaigns, like promoting its custom jewelry for a gift certificate giveaway, contests, or any other advertising forms. Check online for their different publicity stunts.
- You may also want to host an Origami Owl custom charm party in your home and gain rewards and take advantage of special exclusive discounts on its products.
- You may be able to find a chain that can hold a living locket that is cheaper than the ones offered through Origami Owl.