How Much Does a Palm Tree Cost?
Palm trees are in a family of plants called Arecaceae, which consists of many plants and shrubs. Palm trees usually grow in hot climates but are capable of growing in different type of climates; there are palm trees planted in Britain and in North America as well. There are a variety of palm trees, but the well known ones are the date palm and coconut palm. The prices of the different species are very different from one another. This is the main factor considered for the different prices of palm trees. Other factors for price difference are the age of the tree, the seller, and the height of the tree.
How much is it?
- On average, a 3 gallon palm tree is going to cost anywhere from $17 to $44. A 7 gallon will cost anywhere from $49 to $66.
- A tree that ranges in height from 4 to 6 feet can cost $145 to $318. A tree that falls into the 7 to 9 foot range can cost $250 to $555.
- Larger trees that are over 11 feet can cost anywhere from $400 to as much as $5,000 or more.
- For example, a Pindo palm tree is characterized by round canopy and graceful fronds that curve in the forward trunk. These trees are available in different sizes from 3 gallon to 10 ft and their price can range from $19 to $400. Another type of palm tree is the windmill palm tree. These are covered with dense, brown, hairlike fibers, while the trunk appears to be wrapped in burlap. These trees grow from 10 to 20 feet and are usually sold for $15 to $569.
- The palmetto palm tree is another more popular type of palm tree. This tree is an erect and unbranched palm tree. Its leaves are fan shaped, palmately divided and spineless. The price for this type of tree is anywhere from $89 to $300.
What are the extra costs?
- You’ll need to purchase fertilizers to make sure that your palm trees grow to be healthy. Palm tree outdoor fertilizers are sold for anywhere from $10 to $22 per pack.
- If you need to have the palm tree planted, landscaping companies will charge per tree. This is going to depend on the size, the complexity of the yard, and other factors.
Types of palm trees:
- California Fan
- Canary Island Date
- Mediterranean Fan
- Needle Palm
- Northern Palm
- Palmetto Palm
- Pindo Palm
- Queen Palm
- Sago / Cycad Palm
- Southern Palm
- Texas Sabal
- True Date
- Windmill Palm
- Check TreBrown.com for other species of palm trees. There are over 900 palm tree species available!
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a palm tree, it will include the tree itself. Smaller trees are going to be planted in a pot, ready to be transferred to a yard.
- There are companies that provide free delivery when you buy a bigger tree. These companies may also include tree planting at no extra charge.
How can I save money?
- When you purchase a palm tree, make sure that you buy just the right sized palm tree that will complement your garden well. Bigger trees command a higher price, so don’t buy too large of a tree.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|