How Much Does Parsley Cost?
Parsley is a type of plant that is widely cultivated as an herb, spice, and vegetable. It is used in Middle Eastern, European, and American cooking. One of the more popular uses of parsley is as a garnish. Green parsley is often used as a garnish on potato dishes as well as rice dishes or on different types of meat. Parsley can also be used for medicinal purposes since it is antimicrobial. Parsley is sold in different forms in different markets and this is the main factor why the price can vary.
How much is it?
- There are different types of parsley sold in the market and each kind may cost differently from one another. Parsley flakes are dried leaves of the parsley plant and is used often as garnish. It is also used to garnish sauces and adds flavor to stews and braised items. Parsley flakes themselves can range from $4 to $8 per pound. Generally, the more you purchase, the more you are going to be able to save.
- At local grocery stores, a “bunch” of fresh parsley can cost anywhere from $2 to $5 per bunch.
- Parsley leaves are also manufactured as food supplements. These are usually sold in 100 capsule bottles, the price for the parsley food supplements can range from $4 to $6.
- TheOliveTap.com sells parsley in half ounce bottles which sell for $4 to $6.
What are the extra costs?
- Farmer’s markets are going to cost more than the local grocery store or flakes in a spice container.
What is going to be included?
- Parsley is generally bunched together with a rubberband in the fresh foods section at your local grocery store.
- A spice container of parsley flakes may offer recipes or ideas for use of the parsley.
Tips to know:
- If you’re going to grow something such as parsley, make sure that you grow it in a tray inside before taking it outside to a garden or even a pot. It can take upwards of four weeks for parsley to germinate. Even if you don’t have a tray set, consider using smaller Tupperware containers. After four weeks, you can transfer it to the garden.
- When growing them inside or even outside, always make sure that it’s in a sunny spot. Always make sure that you water at least twice to week to ensure that they are receiving the appropriate amount of water. Be sure not to over water these plants. Don’t blast these plants with high pressured water, but with a light spray each and every time.
How can I save money?
- While parsley can be cheaper at the local grocery store, it doesn’t hurt to check local farmer’s markets to see what kind of selection that they have. Not only will the selection be fresh and straight from the farm, you may find that there is a difference in taste as well.
- Parsley isn’t actually necessary in most things, especially when used as a garnish. While it does make the appearance of your food more appealing, do not spend the money on it if you do not have to.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|