How Much Does Pinewood Cost?
Pinewood is a processed trunk or branch coming from the pine tree. The wood acquired from the pine tree is considered to be one of the most sturdy wood available on the market today. Doors and flooring often use pinewood.
How much is it?
- The cost will depend on the type, size and where it’s purchased. On average, pinewood that reaches anywhere from 8 to 16 feet long can retail for anywhere from $2 to as much as $20 per piece.
- For instance, pinewood that is 2×4 to 2×12 thick and up to 16 feet in length can range from $3 to $19.
- IntercityLumber.com is a lumber center that sells pinewood in Tampa, Florida. They sell 1×2 to 1×12 sized pinewood that can reach 8 to 16 feet long; for this type of pinewood the price can range from $2 to $18 per piece.
- Buffalo-Lumber.com is another company that sells different types of pinewood. They require a 1,200 square feet minimum order. The price of the wood that they offer can range from $3 to $8 per piece.
What is going to be included?
- Pinewood is usually carved into different forms such as boards or pre-cut lengths. These boards are soft in nature, making working with them very easy. They can be used to construct shelves, furniture and even flooring. This type of wood is very common in the United States.
- Some lumber yards that sell pinewood even process the wood to turn it into a more durable material. They may even apply wood finishing that can protect it from various types of abuse such as liquid spillage.
What are the extra costs?
- Pinewood can be transformed into different types of wood products. If you have raw pinewood, you will have to pay to turn it into something different based on your project. The price of this procedure differs depending on the size and quality of the wood.
- If a bulk purchase has been made and it has to be delivered by the local lumber yard, you may be charged an additional fee for shipping.
Tips to know:
- Pinewood is considered a very durable material which can last for a long time. It has a distinct look not available in other types of wood. This is a great choice for cabins as it keeps the temperature constant and can absorb moisture better than other wood without the risk of decaying.
How can I save money?
- There are plenty of stores that sell pinewood; you can check with each store and compare the price charged by each so that you will be able to choose the lowest one. Also choose the store that can offer the best package, such as free delivery.
- Several stores also offer discounted rates for pinewood. These discounts apply if you are buying pinewood in bulk. The establishments can cut off up to 30% of the price depending on the type of pinewood that you buy.