How Much Does Pine Wood Cost?
Pine wood is processed trunk or branch of the pine tree. The pine tree is one of the many types of trees that have given us resources to produce different byproducts. Pine wood can be made into different material, but the biggest contribution trees have given us is wood. We see wood used on almost anything and they can be manufactured to become cabinets, doors, walls and countless other items. The quality of the wood depends on the tree from which is was obtained. The wood acquired from the pine tree is one of the most sturdy woods available. Different materials such as doors and flooring often use pine wood. Pine wood can be made into lumber and other materials which would depend on the purpose for which it will be used.
How much is it?
- Pine wood in available in a variety of sizes, and this is one of the major reasons why the price of the wood is different. The wood can come from different types of pine trees as well and depending on the type of pine tree where the wood was obtained, the price can also be different. Pine wood’s price can also become different based on the store from which it was purchased. On average, pine wood that reaches anywhere from 8 to 16 feet long can retail for anywhere from $2 to as much as $20 per piece.
- For instance, pine wood that is 2×4 to 2×12 thick and up to 16 feet in length can range from $3 to $19.
- IntercityLumber.com is a lumber center that sells pine wood in Tampa, Florida. They sell 1×2 to 1×12 sized pine wood that can reach 8 to 16 feet long; for this type of pine wood the price can range from $2 to $18 per piece.
- Buffalo-Lumber.com is another company that sells different types of pine wood. They require a 1200 square feet minimum order. The price of the pine wood that they offer can range from $3 to $8 per piece.
What is going to be included?
- Pine wood is usually carved into different forms such as boards or pre-cut lengths. These boards are soft in nature, making working with them very easy. They can be used to construct shelves, furniture and even flooring. This type of wood is very common in the United States.
- Some lumber yards that sell pine wood even process the wood to turn it into a more durable material. They may even apply wood finishing that can protect it from various types of abuse such as liquid spillage.
What are the extra costs?
- Pine wood can be transformed into different types of wood products. If you have raw pine wood, you will have to pay to turn it into something different based on your project. The price of this procedure differs depending on the size and quality of the wood.
- If a bulk purchase has been made and it has to be delivered by the local lumber yard, you may be charged an additional fee for shipping.
Tips to know:
- Pine wood is considered a very durable material which can last for a long time. It has a distinct look not available in other types of wood. This is a great choice for cabins as it keeps the temperature constant and can absorb moisture better than other wood without the risk of decaying.
How can I save money?
- There are plenty of stores that sell pine wood; you can check with each store and compare the price charged by each so that you will be able to choose the lowest one. Also choose the store that can offer the best package, such as free delivery.
- Several stores also offer discounted rates for pine wood. These discounts apply if you are buying pine wood in bulk. The establishments can cut off up to 30% of the price depending on the type of pine wood that you buy.