How Much Does Pineapple Cost?
Pineapple is a type of fruit that usually grows in tropical countries. Pineapple is probably one of the most popular tropical fruits known to man. It serves as an ingredient in an array of foods which include dessert, fruit salad, and even jams. Pineapple is well-known as garnish for a variety of tropical cocktail mixes as well. Although the most popular use of pineapple is food, there are other things you can do with it. In some countries, pineapple leaves can be made into textile and can be used to make pieces of clothing and wallpapers. Pineapple is a beneficial and refreshing fruit; this is why it is considered to be the most economically important plant in its family.
How much is it?
- Pineapple is sold in different forms. They can be sold fresh, canned or dried. Depending on the form of pineapple that you will purchase, the price can be different. Pineapple is also a seasonal fruit, which means that there are months when they grow in abundance which can make the price lower.
- On average, a pineapple at a local grocery store can cost anywhere from $2 to $5 per pineapple. This will greatly depend upon the time of the year.
- If you do not have the money for fresh pineapples, there are the canned variety. A 24, 8 ounce cans in a package can be sold for $24 to $36, or if you purchase them individually, they can range around $1 to $2 per jar.
- Fresh pineapple is not cheap, especially since the product normally comes from another country. For example, MrPineapple.com allows you to purchase one to twelve pieces of pineapple which can cost $33 to $140. The price for the shipping is included with the price.
What is going to be included?
- Pineapple is an excellent source of different vitamins and minerals. Manganese and Vitamin C are the most common nutrition a person can obtain from this fruit. Pineapple is also said to be good for digestion.
- Pineapple can be manufactured into different forms. Some of the most popular pineapple products that can be purchased in grocery stores are pineapple chunks and juice. These are good alternatives from buying fresh pineapple especially if it is not available in your area.
What are the extra costs?
- Purchasing pineapple through various retailers online can often incur shipping costs. The shipping costs can often be high if you are purchasing it directly from an outside country.
- Organic pineapple that comes in a can can often cost 20 percent more than the standard pineapple chunks found in your local grocery store.
Tips to know:
- Canned pineapple is the best alternative if there are no means to get fresh pineapple in your area. Other varieties of pineapple are also available which makes it easier for you to add it as an ingredient or eat it at is.
- If you want a pineapple solely for the nutritional content it can provide you, consider buying other types of fruits that are available in your area which provide the same nutritional content as a pineapple.
How can I save money?
- Pineapple is mostly cultivated in tropical countries which makes it hard to come by in the United States. There are processed pineapples available which is cheaper than buying fresh due to the added cost of shipping.
- Pineapple is a type of fruit that grows in a particular season. The price considerably drops if the fruit is in season and the price can considerably increase if it is sold out of season.