How Much Does Pizza Dough Cost?
Pizza dough is the most integral part of the whole pizza, even more than the toppings. No matter what kind of pizza you choose or what toppings you enjoy, every pizza with have a crust that is made of dough. Some people consider the crust to be the best part, while others never eat the crust. The crust and base of the pizza comes from pizza dough. This is just like bread, mostly consisting of flour, salt, water, egg, and oil. Pizza dough is usually kneaded by hand or by a slow speed mixer. Toppings and sauce are then placed on top of the dough before it is baked in an oven.
How much is it?
- Because pizza dough comes in so many shapes and so many sizes, the price of the product can be different. Different ingredients are also used for the pizza dough that can affect the price as well. Other factors include whether or not the dough is for thin or thick crusts.
- On average, the price for the pizza dough ranges from $2 to $7 per bag. These are premade bags that will only require water. For instance, the highly rated Betty Crocker Pizza Mix retails for around $1 to $3 at your local grocery store.
- FoodServiceDirect.com is an online company that offers a variety of food supplies that includes pizza dough. The price of the pizza dough that they offer ranges anywhere from $50 to $64. The dough usually weighs anywhere from 9 to 26 ounces. This is a company that caters to professional pizza shops, but individuals are encouraged to make purchases, too.
- Pizzamfg.com is an online store that sells pizza dough balls. They are a direct supplier, so they can offer the product for less. They sell 6 to 18 inches pizza dough that can cost $26 to $45 per case.
What is going to be included?
- Pizza dough comes in a variety of sizes and its weight vary as well. Dough can be made into thin or thick crust pizzas depending on your preference. Some stores sell pizza dough that is packed in cases and are then frozen to maintain freshness.
What are the extra costs?
- The additional costs involved when buying pizza dough is not for the dough itself but rather for the additional ingredients that you need to buy to make the pizza. Pizza dough is prepared to be rolled out, topped and ready for baking. There is no need to alter the ingredients of the dough itself since it has been prepared by the manufacturer for you.
Tips to know:
- Pizza dough can be frozen to prolong shelf life of the product. You should defrost it a few hours before you intend to use it.
- There are several varieties of pizza dough that you can buy. This includes thin and thick crusts or pizza dough that contains wheat flour.
How can I save money?
- Although several stores carry pizza dough in their inventory and these are able to be prepared immediately, you can actually make the dough from scratch. By getting the basic ingredients and looking up a recipe on the Internet, you will be able to make a lot of pizza dough at a fraction of the cost when buying pre-made pizza dough.
- There are several competing brands that sell pizza dough and you have the option to choose to buy from any of them. They each offer their products at different prices and often at competitive rates. Rather than buying expensive brands, you can go directly to suppliers which can provide you great quality at a lower cost.
- Popular brands at your local grocery store often have coupons in the local Sunday newspaper. Consider looking in the paper to see what kind of money you can save.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|