How Much Does Resoling Shoes Cost?
Resoling shoes is a type of repair procedure performed to restore the soles of a shoe. The soles are the part of the shoe that makes contact to the ground. For this reason, soles can be damaged and or become thin over time. When this happens the shoe can be unusable. The price of resoling shoes depends on the amount of damage the shoe has. The shoe repair center may opt to completely replace the sole, while there are some that would put a new sole on top of the old one. The price for the repair depends on the rate the establishment has for this type of service as well as the amount of repair needed to fix the shoe.
How much is it?
- The price for resoling a shoe greatly depends on the repair expert performing the job. Their rates can be different from one another, so it is important that one compares prices or even considers doing the job themselves before choosing a repairman. On average, a simple resoling job can cost anywhere from $15 to as much as $100. This is going to greatly depend on the amount of damage to the shoe.
- According to the site MaineShoeRepair.com, the price can be anywhere from $40 to $45.
- TonusWorld.net offers resoling and other shoe repair services for both men’s and women’s shoes. The price for resoling shoes ranges from $15 to $50 depending on the type of shoe that will be repaired.
- Manhattan Shoe Repair, based in Manhattan, New York, is another company that provides shoe repair services. They list each service and its prices on their site; they range from $63 to $89. These are the rates for both men’s and women’s shoes.
What are the extra costs?
- There are different damages a sole can suffer, and there can be damage to other parts besides the sole that may need to be repaired as well. The heel is part of the sole and if this is damaged, it may need to be replaced. The price to fix a heel can start at $20 and rise from there.
- Online services are also offered by sending your shoes to a company through the mail. Through this process, you will ship your shoes in and get them back within a few weeks. Shipping them through the mail can have additional expenses.
What is going to be included?
- There are several inclusions for the payment when you ask for your shoes to be resoled. The materials and tools that the repair person will use will be included with the payment.
- During the procedure, the old sole will be taken off completely. If there is a heel, this will have to be replaced as well. Matching up the material, a new sole will be cut to size and will be applied to the show using a special type of glue.
Tips to know:
- Avoid keeping your shoes out in the heat. This is going to ensure that your sole lasts longer than usual.
- Always try to keep your shoes clean. Dirt can wear away the sole more quickly than normal.
- Try to store your shoes in a dry place with a moderate temperature rather than outside.
How can I save money?
- To save money, you may want to check with different shoe repair centers on the rates they offer for the service. Since there are plenty of these companies out there, competition can make their prices lower. Consider making a phone call or looking on their website to see if the prices are posted.
- Consider doing the job yourself. If you have the adequate tools, the job may not be as hard as you think. Consider checking various resources online to see how the job can be done properly.
- Compare prices and make sure that the resoling process will be worth it. If you paid more than $200 for the shoes or boots, it may be idea to get a professional resoling job done. If the shoes were less than $50, it may be better to purchase a set of brand new shoes.