How Much Does River Rock Cost?
River rock is one of the several materials that you can use to improve the appearance of your garden or landscaping. River rocks are also a great way to cover up empty space or certain areas that may be an eyesore. Although rocks can be found almost everywhere and they may look like simple rocks you find in your yard, there are actually a lot of different rocks that you can use that can complement the look of your yard and enhance its appearance as well. One type of rock that can be used and are often used in designing hotel fronts and resorts is river rock. River rocks are randomly shaped rocks that come in a variety of color and shades and that have a warm and inviting look.
How much is it?
- River rocks come in various shapes and sizes and they are sold either rough or polished. The price of the stones would depend on these factors; for instance, the more beautiful the rock would look and the bigger it is, the more expensive it can get. Also, river rocks are supplied by different companies that can charge differently for the stones. On average, these river rocks can cost anywhere from $4 to as much as $9 per pound.
- RockTumblingSupplies.com is an online retailer that sells river rocks. This site is managed by just one person and he sells river rocks by the pound. He sells a variety of river rocks that are sized from small to large and are sold for anywhere from $4 to $5 per pound.
- Donnan.com is another store that sells river rock. This site also sells a variety of river rocks that are either polished or rough. The river rock sold by them can cost $6 to $7 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- River rocks come in random shapes and sizes and are often used to accentuate several interior and exterior designs. They can be used in landscaping, rock gardens and even in massage therapy.
- River rock is also known to have a smooth rounded property and is often found in a mix of natural colors.
What are the extra costs?
- River rocks are usually sold by the pound or per ton depending on the use. If you are landscaping, you will need to have the rocks delivered by a truck; the cost to have the rocks delivered is considered to be an added cost.
- Aside from delivery fee, you do not have to worry about spending extra when buying river rocks since they can be used as they are and they do not need to be added to other types of materials.
Tips to know:
- If you are not familiar with river rocks, just look at the stones plastered on the front of a lot of hotels and restaurants across the country. You can buy river rocks from a variety of suppliers that offers different types of river rocks.
- River rocks come in different shapes and sizes and you will have plenty of options from which you can choose when you consider buying them. The variety offered to you can be helpful since you will be able to choose the design and therefore dictate the look of your yard.
How can I save money?
- There are plenty of stores that offer river rocks and they can offer them at competitive prices. They are not terribly expensive, but if you buy a lot, the cost can get higher. It will be a good idea to look for a store that offers the river rock at lower prices.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|