How Much Does Sand Cost?
Sand is a granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles. The composition of sand is highly variable and depends on the local rock sources and conditions. Sand can be used in different ways and is one of the most used natural resources in the country. Sand is often used in construction as well as landscaping and can even be used in paint to produce a textured finish; and example of this is producing non-slip floors. The price of sand depends on the amount of sand and the quality of the sand itself.
How much is it?
- On average, most bulk purchases are going to be sold per ton. On average, sand can cost anywhere from $22 to $55 per ton. Smaller purchases such as a 25 to 50 pound bag can range from $5 to $18 per bag.
- For example, Texas Industries sells a 50 pound bag of play sand for $9 to $19. These same bags can be found at various home improvement stores such as the Home Depot.
- WesthookSandAndGravel.com sells different types of sand that range from mason, road, and cowbay sand. This sand has different uses such as in the road, in a golf course, as well as landscaping purposes. These sand prices range from $22 to $42 per ton.
- AreaMulchAndSoils.com sells everything from play sand to bunker sand. They sell their sand for $34 to $55 depending on the type.
- For people that need sand for their aquarium, live sand can range anywhere from $35 to $55 per 20 pounds. Live sand is going to contain live marine bacteria and it will also provide the proper chemical balance for your fish tank.
- For example, Aquacon.com has a chart of what live sand should cost as well as what the benefits are.
What are the extra costs?
- The price for the sand usually does not include the delivery of the product. The price for the delivery depends on the pricing indicated by the seller themselves. This delivery price can range anywhere from $30 to $70 or more depending on how far the company has to travel.
- Live sand that is designed for aquariums are going to generally cost more than regular sand that is used for drainage, etc.
What is going to be included?
- Sand purchased in bulk will be dropped off in a spot of your choice. It is wise to lay a tarp down in a driveway or yard to prevent a mess.
- Smaller 25 or 50 pound bags are packaged in a paper based pack. This pack can simply be ripped and dumped out in the area of your choice.
- Smaller bags are also going to be easier to ship rather than deliver. With smaller bags, most of the time there won’t be a shipping charge.
How can I save money?
- To save money, try to look for a sand dealer that is close to your area but make sure that they offer it at a low cost. Since sand can vary in quality, do some research and see which company in your area offers the best deal on the quality of sand required.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|