How Much Does Shea Butter Cost?
Shea butter is one of the many products that is taken from nature for the use of mankind. Shea butter comes from the nut of the African Shea tree and is characterized by its yellowish color. Shea butter is most commonly used in cosmetics as lotion or moisturizer; if you are looking for a good skin product, you may want to consider one that contains shea butter. Aside from being used in cosmetics, shea butter is also used as a substitute for cocoa butter as it is also edible. There are companies that suggested having classifications for shea butter, and they have separated it in five different grades, each used for a different purpose.
How much is it?
- Shea butter is manufactured in a variety of manners and the price of it can differ according to the end product. There is unrefined Shea butter available which can cost different compared to conventional Shea butter. Shea butter can also be bought in different quantities and this is a factor why the price can be different for the product as well. On average, shea butter can cost anywhere from $7 to as much as $13 per pound.
- For example, this 100% organic west African Shea Butter straight from Africa retails for $9 to as much as $13 for 16 ounces. This particular company claims that its shea butter is great for scars, acne and even dry skin.
- SheaButterHut is an online store that sell Shea butter which is unrefined. The site sells the unrefined Shea butter in 2 different sizes. The product is available in 8 ounce and 1 pound containers. The price of the Shea butter that they sell ranges from $8 to $10 per container depending on the size.
- SoapGoods.com is another store that sells refined Shea butter. The product that they sell is in a waxy solid state and white in color. This is used as mixture for different beauty products such as soaps, shampoos and conditioners. The price of the Shea butter sold through them ranges from $7 to $159 for a pound to 55 pounds of Shea butter.
What is going to be included?
- Shea butter is packed in different containers with varying amounts. Some of the products sold are also available in bundled packs if you are planning to make bulk purchases.
- Shea butter has several benefits for the person that uses it. Shea butter can be used as soap, as a moisturizer, and as an anti-aging ingredient. It also has healing properties and can be good for the scalp.
What are the extra costs?
- Since Shea butter is mostly sold on the internet through online stores, you will have to shoulder the payment for the shipping and handling fee of the product. The cost of this will depend on the distance of the store from your location.
- Depending on the regimen for which you use the Shea butter, there are other products that you may need to purchase in order to complete your product. This presents additional cost to the person that will use the product.
Tips to know:
- Shea butter has several benefits to the body; however, these results can only be acheived if you use the product on a daily basis. Continuous usage of the product as described by the manufacturer will lead to faster results.
- Always consult a dermatologist if you are unsure of the products that you will use for your skin. Although Shea butter is generally safe, you may still want to consult dermatologists just to be certain that it will not have any negative effects on your skin.
How can I save money?
- Shea butter can be purchased in different amounts and is conveniently packed in containers. If you plan to use this on a daily basis, you may want to purchase larger containers of the product so that you will be able to save compared to buying smaller quantities more frequently.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|