How Much Does Shoe Repair Cost?
Shoe repair is the process of fixing separate parts of a shoe to make it usable again. Shoes are probably the most abused piece of clothing we wear on a daily basis. They absorb every impact, every curve and every roughness from the surface on which we walk or run. The way in which we use our shoes and determine how quickly they wear out and what type of damage they may incur. Fortunately, the materials used to make shoes have been inmproved so the shoes can withstand more usage. In case there is damage to the shoe, however, shoe repair makes it possible to fix any broken part of the shoe. There are different techniques performed to fix a shoe and several tools and materials are used to make it possible.
How much is it?
- The cost to have your shoes repaired depends on a number of factors. The first thing considered for the price difference is which part of the shoe is broken. If any part of the shoe needs replacement, the price of the replacement parts can also differ. In addition to these factors, the person performing the shoe repair service would also have discretion on how much they charge for the service. The size of the shoe may also have an affect on the cost. On average, a shoe repair service can range anywhere from $5 to as much as $50.
- New rubber heels and soles for both men and women can cost anywhere from $15 to $50.
- Shoe stretching and adding sole guard protection can can cost $15 to $30, while heel replacement and insole replacement can cost $6 to $15.
- According to EuropeanShoeRepair.net, a service that offers shoe repair service, the price of shoe repair varies depending on the type of repair the shoe needs. This company can repair soles, which can be full or half soles as well as crepe, lug and leather soles; these can be repaired for anywhere from $32 to $50.
What is going to be included?
- Once you bring your shoe to a repair shop, it will be evaluated by the person servicing it. After evaluation, the rapair person will determine the price of the repair depending on their findings. The estimated price for the materials that will be used as well as the labor cost will be provided to the customer.
- Shoe repair time may vary depending on the amount of damage or how complicated the procedure can be based on the damage of the shoe. The shoe repair shop may even ask to have at least a day to complete the procedure. If parts or materials need to be ordered, the time may even be a couple of days.
What are the extra costs?
- There are minimal added costs when you have your shoes repaired. The reason the person servicing it will have to evaluate the shoe first is so that he can give you the price for the repair up front. If there are added costs, this will be due to the fact that additional repair is needed on other parts of the shoe.
- Shoe repair shops can provide cleaning services which will also be considered as added cost.
- If you want to ship the shoes to the specific company that manufactured them, shipping costs will be charged. However, some manufacturers may provide the repair for free.
Tips to know:
- Shoe repair may not be as durable as when your shoes are bought brand new, but it will extend the life of the shoe and may last for quite a while.
- There are ways to extend the life of your shoes before repair is even needed. You can bring your shoes to a shoe repair shop to add soles or other protective layer to them to lengthen the life of the shoes.
How can I save money?
- Look for a shoe repair shop that can offer the service at a more affordable price. Because there are many shops that provide this service, the competition may mean that some shops are cheaper than others.
- Consider if the shoes are worth being repaired. If the shoes were purchased for $50, it would be silly to spend $50 on repair services.
- Check to see if the shoes you purchased have any kind of warranty or guarantee from the company that made them.