How Much Does Tulle Cost?
Tulle is a type of netting derived from nylon, rayon or silk. It is used for a variety of purposes, such as enhancing a wide range of wardrobe, including skirts, coats and dresses, as well as bed skirts. One of the most common applications for tulle is as a wedding decoration. But it also has practical uses such as for netting and bagging purposes. No matter the purpose, tulle is almost always a fairly cheap method of decorating or finishing an item.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the length and how much is purchased, the price of tulle can be anywhere from as little as $4 to $25 for a 25-year spool to as much as $70 to $110 for a 75-yard spool. By the yard, plan on spending at least $1.
- The prices of tulle at Hancock Fabrics Crafts & More are as follows:
- Tulle Fine Mesh, 6″ Wide, 25 yards spool – $4.29
- FALK-Tulle, 9″ Wide, 25 yards spool – $7.49
- Tulle 54″ wide, 25 yards bolt – $34.49
- Joann.com has the following choices:
- Tulle 6″ wide x 25 yards – $5.99
- White-Tulle 9′ x 25 yards – $7.99
- Tulle Spools, 9” – $9.99
- Tulle with Glimmer, 6″ wide x 25 Yards – $10.99
- Tulle with Enhanced Sparkle Gold, 6″ x 25 yard spool – $24.99
- Tulle 54” wide x 25 yards – $35.99
- tulle 54” wide x 50 yards – $69.99
- Tulle with Glimmer 54” wide x 50 yards – $94.99
- Tulle 108” wide x 50 yards – $109.99
- The Tulle Shop in Ontario, California, offers the following options:
- Animal Printed Tulle Fabric – $2.00 per 6×10 yards roll and $13 per 54×10 yards;
- Glitter Tulle Bolt 54 inch, 10 yards – $9.99
- Polka Dot Tulle 6 inch x 10 yards – $2.25
- Tulle Roll, 6 inch x 25 yards – $1.99
- Tulle Roll, 6 inch x 100 Yards – $5.50
- Tulle Bolt, 54 inch x 40 Yards – $18
- Tulle Fabric, 108 inch x 50 yards – $50.00
- Premium Nylon Circle Tulle – $3.00 each
What is going to be included?
- While tulle can be bought in different width and length options, it is often sold in 6” wide spools and commonly obtainable in 25, 50, and 100 yard increments. While the fabric is prone to wrinkles, which is why it is normally sold in spools, it is extremely easy to work with. Tulle can be bought in the following varieties: solid color tulle fabric, glitter tulle fabric, glimmer tulle fabric, solid color net fabric, and tulle circles.
- Some tulle will have a decorative side ribbon while others will just have a small seam or hem.
What are the extra costs?
- Other items that may need to be bought together with tulle depend on the purpose of buying the fabric. These items may include scissors, ribbon, hot glue, tape, beading, etc.
Tips to know:
- Tulle is widely used in the fashion industry, particularly when achieving a lacy or floating look. It is also used to create a bell-shaped appearance, specifically in underskirts or petticoats.
- Tulle can be bought in an array of colors, both plain and printed, and can be easily dyed.
- Another practical use for the tulle fabric is as a netting material. In some areas, tulle is used in the process of controlling insects, specifically by stretching out the fabric to create a net that’s not only breathable but also sturdy enough to prevent collapsing. Tulle can also be used for things such as a beekeepers mask because it is heavy enough to stay in place but light enough for easily breathability and visibility.
- There are many people who use tulle in gardening. This material can be used to cover small plants from harmful insects or debris. It can also be used to protect berries or other fruits or vegetables from pests and insects.
How can I save money?
- Purchase tulle fabric from a supplier that rolls and cuts their tulle in-house. Such source usually offers lower prices due to labor costs saved by performing the rolling and cutting of the fabric internally.
- Buy tulle from wholesale fabric suppliers. Their online prices are usually very competitive and can beat the prices of tulle in local shops or crafts stores due to lower overhead expenses.
- Check out online sites such as eBay to find lower priced fabric.
- If you’re going to purchase from a local craft store, such as Michaels or Joann, do not forget to look for their common 40% off coupons.
- Find creative uses for the small amounts of tulle that are cut off other pieces or left on the spool.