How Much Does Vitamin D Cost?
Vitamin D is one of the many vitamins and minerals that are essential nutrients that helps develop our body. We get these nutrients from the food that we eat. There are different types of vitamins and each one improves different aspects of the body. Vitamin D plays an important role in regulating body levels of calcium for the bones. The lack of Vitamin D can result in one of the rarest diseases known as rickets. Today, Vitamin D can be obtained in a number of ways; aside from getting it in fruits, there are supplements available that can supply this type of vitamin to the body. For strong bones that support the body, a person must have a sufficient amount of Vitamin D on the body.
How much is it?
- Vitamin D is available in capsules as supplements. The price of the supplement will usually depend on the company that manufactured them. They are also packed in containers that have various contents; depending on the number of capsules are in the container, the price can be different. On average, a bottle of 200 to 400 tablets can retail for $5 to as much as $25.
- For example, the popular NOW Foods D-13 that comes with 180 softgels retails for $5 to $8 per bottle. The Kirkland Signature Maximum Strength retails for $12 to $18 per 600 capsule bottle.
- VitaCost.com is an online retailer that sells Vitamin D supplements. They sell Vitamin D in various forms such as soft gels and Vitamin D drops. These will come in bottles containing 200 to 365 doses which are priced at $5 to $13, while liquid Vitamin D can cost anywhere from $10 to $15.
- EarthTurns.com also sells various types of Vitamin D. The vitamin supplements are stored in plastic containers that are sealed tightly. The supplements are sold in tablet, capsule, or soft gel forms. Each container can hold as many as 120 pieces of supplements and are sold for $6 to $60.
What is going to be included?
- Vitamin D has a lot of benefits to the body. Aside from strengthening the bones in the body, there have been claims of Vitamin D reducing the risk of cancer, chronic pain, and other diseases.
- Vitamin D supplements are available in different forms. There are soft gels available as well as capsules and liquid vitamins. These forms provide you with different options when taking Vitamin D.
What are the extra costs?
- Vitamin D supplements are designed to supply the body with a specific type of vitamin. If you need supplements of different kinds of vitamins, then you can buy multivitamins rather than supplements that can deliver only a single type of vitamin.
Tips to know:
- Aside from supplements, you can also get Vitamin D from sunlight and other sources. Milk and dairy products are also rich in Vitamin D; you may not need to take supplements at all if you eat these types of food products regularly.
How can I save money?
- To save money, there are wholesalers such as Costco that sell Vitamin D supplements in large amounts at a discounted price. They can reduce the price as much as $2 to $4 compared to other stores. These vitamins have a long shelf life which makes them ideal for storage if you happen to buy a lot of them.
- You may not need supplements if you constantly eat foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals, effectively allowing you to save money at the same time.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|