How Much Does Yogurt Cost?
Yogurt is a dairy food that is composed of soy milk, nut milk, and coconut milk. Many people, many times the ones who want to lose weight, prefer yogurt because it is easy to take on the go and contains many nutrients that can be found in a meal. Another great thing about yogurt is that it is packed in one serving containers, meaning that you will not eat too much. Yogurt is rich in protein which can hydrate your muscles. It is also very popular around the world and is therefore very easy to find. Yogurt comes in different flavors and prices as well, depending on the distributor or manufacturer.
How much does it cost?
- According to Walmart.com, a US-based grocery store that offers delivery within US, you can buy yogurt from $0.50 to $25 depending on the volume, flavor and quantity.
- You may also check nearby grocery stores or convenient stores for yogurts. Typically, every cup of yogurt ranges from $0.75 to $5 on average.
- Yogurt in bulk packs range from $5 to $25 depending on the quantity and volume. For instance, a 4-count pack of six cups of Gerber Graduate Yogurt retails for $16 to $22.
What is going to be included?
- Some brands claim to have added more volume of yogurt per cup – typically 20% – 25% – which is more than of those regular yogurt.
- Yogurt typically comes as a solo cup, but there are also packs of two and fours depending on the brand.
- Some higher end yogurts come with add-ons attached such as granola, chocolate chips, etc.
- Yogurt naturally provides many nutrients and healthy benefits.
What are the extra costs?
- Some add some fruits or vegetables on to their yogurt to make it more tastier or just to make sure that their stomach will be satisfied. If you are one of them, then additional toppings should be considered as an extra cost.
- There are endless recipes that use yogurt as an ingredient. If you are making something involving yogurt, you will need to purchase all the other ingredients as well.
Types of yogurt:
- The basic type of yogurt is the kind that can be found in the dairy section of your grocery store. This type of yogurt is the most common and is what most people think of when you mention yogurt. There are many different flavors such as strawberry, cherry, blueberry, lemon, etc. There are are also dessert flavors such as key lime pie, raspberry cheesecake, Boston creme pie, and many others. Some varieties also have actual pieces of fruit.
- Another type of yogurt that has recently become more popular is Greek yogurt. The main difference between regular yogurt and Greek yogurt is that Greek yogurt is strained an extra time, which gets rid of more whey and makes the yogurt much thicker. There are many who believe that Greek yogurt is healthier than regular yogurt.
- One popular form of yogurt is frozen yogurt. While ice cream can be a delicious treat, especially in the summer months, it is also quite high in fat and calories. Frozen yogurt, just as the name implies, is yogurt that has been frozen and made into the texture of ice cream. This can be used to make all the different ice cream treats, such as ice cream cones, sundaes, and flurries.
Factors that influence the price:
- Style and flavor. Yogurt can come in different tastes and content, but they all have one thing in common – the main ingredients. Flavored yogurt may be priced higher than of the regular yogurt because of the additional ingredients mixed into it.
- The volume. The higher the volume, the higher the price. However, some brands offer high volume of yogurts yet cheaper than of those in standard volume. This is especially true when comparing name brands to store brands.
- Brand name. Every product in the market comes in 3 different class – the cheaper one, moderate one and the premium. Premium brands offer yogurt at a higher price compared to other brands. This is because some ingredients were imported from other countries around the world to produce world-class tasting yogurt.
Tips to know:
- Always read the ingredients or the content portion of every yogurt product. Some may have more calories than expected or even ingredients you did not know existed in yogurt such as high fructose corn syrup.
- Every brand has its own style, flavors and ingredients added to yogurt. Make sure to choose the safest and healthiest one.
How can I save money?
- Store brand yogurts are almost the same as expensive yogurts but can be found for 30% of the cost. If you do not mind store brands, give your local store brand yogurt a shot.
- Try to buy yogurts in bulk. You could save at least 20%. However, make sure that you use it before the expiration date listed on the package.
- Yogurt brands almost always have coupons in the local Sunday paper. Consider looking for coupons before heading out. There are times when you can get packs for next to nothing.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|