How Much Does Zumba Cost?
Zumba is a form of exercise that makes use of both aerobics and dancing elements. Today, a lot of people perform Zumba as part of their regular exercise. The good thing about this activity is that you can lose a lot of calories and at the same time enjoy the movements. You do not even need to be a good dancer to join Zumba classes. We all know that diet and exercise are extremely important, but we also know that it is hard to stick a diet and exercise regimen. Zumba can help with this since you will be having fun rather than just working out. You will want to go to the gym rather than having to force yourself there.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of Zumba classes may vary depending on several factors. For example, the state or location, school, skill and experience of the Zumba instructor, type of Zumba classes (whether the regular Zumba or Aqua Zumba classes or sessions), number of sessions, age, among others, may affect the cost.
- If you choose to take part in group lessons, Zumba classes could cost around $5 to $25 each per class, depending on the location and level of the instructor. Private lessons cost around $60 to $85 per hour. If you have a child that would like to try it out, Zumbatomic for ages 4 to 12 costs $10 to $20 per class. For unlimited Zumba classes, it could cost upwards of $75 to $125 per month.
- For example, ZumbaGetFit.com charges $5 for the first class; if you sign up for 20 classes at a time, the cost is only $120.
- A Zumba DVD, for example, could cost around $25 to $50. You can learn Zumba on your own at a cheaper cost since this DVD can be used over and over again and will only consist of a one-time payment.
What is going to be included?
- The cost of Zumba may include the materials used such as DVDs, standard rate of the school or place offering Zumba classes, instructor’s fees, and other related expenses.
- Group sessions should include participants of all levels levels. Zumba Gold classes are typically for those who are more than 40 years old and those who are out of shape while Zumbatomic is for kids.
- Zumba Toning classes, on the other hand, include 1 to 2 pound weights. These are used to help intensify the workout. Aqua Zumba includes a wet aerobic workout at the pool. This is great for people with joint problems who need a low-impact workout. Zumba Circuit combines dance moves and music with circuit strength building exercises which includes a 30 minute workout.
- Zumba may include a DVD set. Some packages may also include toning weights with purchase.
- Zumba classes include the instruction, music, and space.
- The typical class will last upwards of an hour and will include dance styles that usually revolves around the Latin culture.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred for purchasing clothes and shoes to be used for Zumba classes, purchase of weights (for Zumba Toning sessions), and other related costs.
- Shoes with flexible soles are ideal for these classes and can cost around $65 to $100 depending on the style.
- Zumba toning sticks are similar to handheld weights. These toning sticks generally cost $15 to $30, depending on the weight and the brand.
Tips to know
- Research a handful of classes in your area. Most are more than happy to provide a quote over the phone or even on their website. By comparing at least three classes, you can be assured that you are getting the best deal.
- If you are already part of a gym, see if they offer any classes at a discount. Most gyms have these classes and offer the class at a discount.
- If you enjoy a high energy workout that involves unique moves and a combination of dancing, this may be something that you would want to try.
- Make sure you take a water bottle to class with you so you can stay well hydrated.
- While a Zumba DVD may be cheaper, it may also get old pretty quickly. Listening to the same music, doing the same moves, and watching the same people will be monotonous. If you need motivation, going to a group class is the best. This will include new music and moves as well as some moral support from others in the class.
How can I save money?
- You can save money when you learn Zumba on your own instead of enrolling in Zumba classes. As stated above, Zumba DVDs are usually less than $50.
- Try to purchase your classes in bulk. The more classes you sign up for ahead of time, the more you are going to be able to save in the long haul. Aside from signing up in bulk classes, some also offer unlimited cards, where you can attend the classes as often as you want throughout the month.
- Try bringing in a group of friends. This is a great way to save money and work out with those who you know.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|