How Much Does Hot Tub Installation Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
For those who want to purchase a jacuzzi either for indoor use, or the outdoors, installation is going to be required. Keep in mind that an installation job such as this one isn’t going to be an easy task. The price of jacuzzi installation is going to vary on a few factors such as the size of the tub, the company performing the gig and a few other various factors.
How much is it?
- For an experienced contractor, most are going to charge anywhere from $3,000 to as much as $20,000. Most experts will tell you to basically take the price of your tub and multiply that number by 1.5 to 3. This will generally give you a great ballpark figure.
- For those with a more complex problem such as electric issues, or even those that need an experienced plumber, this can bring the price tag to more than 3 times the price of the tub in most cases.
What is going to be included?
- With more professionals, the contractor will install the appropriate tub, along with plumbing, the framework, as well as the electric hookup.
- For outdoor jacuzzi tubs, a control panel will be hooked up as well where the case and motor can be accessed for future maintenance.
- Tiles will more than likely be installed around the tub, as well as steps if this has been chosen.
What are the extra costs?
- With those with a complex room, an experienced plumber may have to do part of the job itself, causing a higher price tag. Most plumbers charge upwards of $20 to $100+ an hour.
- Some bathrooms don’t have the sufficient space to install a jacuzzi tub. For those that don’t have the room for a jacuzzi, remodeling may be required to fit the tub itself. According to HandyCanadian, you should allow at least 150 pounds per square foot.
Tips to know:
- Jacuzzis are going to have many uses that one consider. Some of the most common uses that jacuzzis are used for are going to include in-home physical therapy, fun and entertainment, creating a relaxing environment as well as to help relax muscles after a workout. It’s best to know what this jacuzzi is going to be used for to ensure that you purchase the right model and brand.
- The most common types of jacuzzis are going to include those such as a whirlpool tub, an air bath whirlpool, a steam shower add-on as well as a space-saving shower.
- Be sure to take a look at your adequate space. Is there going to be enough room to install a jacuzzi in your home? Most are going to give you accurate measurements to ensure that it fits.
- If you have children, what are you going to use for safety precautions?
- Also be sure to consider where the pump is going to be located as well as how the plumbing system is going to work in your home. Adding additional plumbing can result in an increase in terms of the price.
How can I save money?
- Those that have “do it yourself” experiences, consider doing parts of the job yourself. For the complex parts such as plumbing and electricity, this can be done by an experienced professional in your area. Use services such as Service Magic to find in your town.