How Much Does Jaw Reduction Cost?
Having a square jaw is one of the most common problems had by women. Having this type of jaw is considered to be masculine and great lengths have been taken to make sure this is resolved. There are several ways jaw reduction is made possible and they are either through surgery or non-surgical ways. The cost for jaw reduction depends on the type of procedure that will be performed on the jaw. There are two popular methods for jaw reduction and these are commonly practiced by a registered physician.
How much is it?
- A typical jaw reduction surgery is going to cost anywhere from $4,000 to $6,000. The price will depend on the physician himself as well as the location where it will be performed.
- Using botox is a non surgical alternative to reduce the size of jaws. Botox is going to relax the jaw muscles until it ultimately reduces in size. There are several clinics that offer this service and the price varies from one clinic to another. The price for botox injections is from $250 to $600.
What are the extra costs?
- Botox usually lasts for 6 months and additional shots will require you to go back to the physician. This will cost you another shot of Botox injections which will be another $250 or $600. Plan on going about every 3 to 6 months to get your shot.
- Physicians performing the jaw reduction surgery can charge anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500 depending on their surgical skills.
- Local anesthesia may be required for those that want to be put under during the surgical procedure. Local anesthesia can cost $500 to $800.
What is going to be included?
- The tools and items used by the physician to perform jaw surgery will be included in your quote. With botox, the shots are going to be administered. The shots won’t take more than a hour.
- During a Botox procedure, Botox will be injected into the lower portion of the jaw. Once the Botox is injected, it will reduce the saliva that your body makes, reducing the jaw area.
- There are physicians that offer free evaluation of the face to make sure that they will be able to provide the best solution. Some patients with health issues can find that they may not be eligible for a procedure such as this. It’s always best to consult before following through with this procedure.
How can I save money?
- Contact several institutions that perform jaw reduction and compare their prices. There are institutions that offer discounts to maximize your budget.
- Consider your options. Since there are 2 popular procedures for jaw reduction, you can choose either to have a permanent solution through surgery or have the botox injection if you do not have enough resources at the time.
- Most health insurance companies won’t offer coverage on a procedure such as this one. If paying cash, try to haggle the price since many institutions will offer a discount for a full cash payments up front.
- This type of procedure is very popular overseas. If you’re considering this type of procedure overseas, it’s always best to compare clinics as well as ask questions before flying over to get the surgery performed.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|