How Much Do Jet Ski Rentals Cost?
Owning a jet ski can be rather expensive, but for those that are going on vacation or simply traveling a few miles to the beach, renting a jet ski can be an much easier option. Most resorts and companies can rent jet skis by either the hour, half the day, or even the full day. The cost to rent a jet ski is going to greatly depend on the season, where it will be rented, the type, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, renting a jet ski hourly is going to range anywhere from $55 to $85 per hour. If more hours are purchased, the cost per hour can decrease. For example, if a company wants $70 per hour, they may be able to do 4 hours for $240.
- Half day rentals can cost anywhere from $210 to $350 depending on the location. Popular tourist locations are going to demand more, while a smaller resort may not cost as much. Half day rentals will last around 4 to 6 hours.
- Full day rentals can cost anywhere from $375 to as much as $500. Full day rentals can last up to 8 to 10 hours, depending on the company policy.
- Short Money Jet Ski Rentals, Inc. based in Florida rents out their jet skis for $250 for 4 hours or $400 for the whole day, which is 8 hours.
- According to this TripAdvisor.com forum thread, users have stated that they paid anywhere from $30 to as much as $110 per hour. Users claimed that those that were traveling in Mexico had paid a lot less than those that were on the East coast. The geographical location can play a rather big role in the pricing.
What are the extra costs?
- Bigger jet skis that can fit more people may cost more than a one or two seater. Additional riders will cost upwards of $20 per person.
- A damage deposit may be required before the jet ski is taken out. This deposit can be as much as $500 to $1,000.
- Depending on the company, insurance rider and coverage can be an additional cost.
What is going to be included?
- Jet ski rentals will come equipped with all the appropriate equipment such as life jackets, a whistle, as well as a tank full of gasoline. By law, most states and countries will ask that the rider is at least over the age of 18.
- Legitimate and reputable jet ski companies will also have some sort of insurance policy to protect the rider while out on the water.
How can I save money?
- Some companies may offer special discounts for military personnel or even those that are local to the area. Call ahead time or check the website for more information.
- Companies may have an early bird special if reserved online or even coupons that you can print from the website. Most rental companies have some sort online presence.
- If you’re in a tourist area, be sure to check out the local coupons in the tourist books. Many jet ski rental companies will offer coupons that can range anywhere from a few dollars off to as much as 1/2 off.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|