How Much Does Jewelry Engraving Cost?
Jewelry engraving is a procedure wherein a design is incised to a hard flat surface by cutting grooves to it. Engraving is mostly done to personalize a piece of jewelry by incising a name or logo on it. These are usually applied to wedding or engagement rings but can be done to almost any piece of jewelry. The price of jewelry engraving depends on the type of design that you will engrave on the ring as well as the service that will perform the job.
How much is it?
- On average, jewelry engraving can cost anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on the complexity of the design. Some services may also charge based on the number of characters.
- For example, a wedding band can be engraved for a price of $15 to $30.
- According to the site GemAffair.com, a jewelry engraving service provides its services for anywhere from $10 to $15.
- Another site such as LaserEngravingExpress.com, which uses laser pens to engrave designs on different types of metal, ranges anywhere from $12 to $25.
- Higher end jewelry engraving services such as CelticJewelry.com offers engraving services that range in price from $20 to $100. The price for a 6 character engraving will cost about $20 while additional characters can cost $5 per additional character.
What are the extra costs?
- It should be noted that there are engraving services that can charge per additional character over an allotted number.
- Expedited shipping or services that have to be done within 48 hours can result in an additional fee.
- Stock logos or designs that are customized can be engraved through various services, but some may charge a premium to have them done.
- If the engraving is on a piece of jewery that is worn often, such as a wedding ring, the engraving may need to be retouched or redone in the future. This will most likely be charged the same as the original engraving.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the payment for the engraving services is the complete engraving design that you have chosen. Some can work with you before the engraving process starts; this will allow you to choose the fonts, what it is going to say, as well as show you on a computer what it is going to look like before the project is even done. The process generally takes anywhere from 1 to 2 days.
Tips to know:
- When choosing an engraving service, make sure that the engravings are done by a graduate jeweler that is certified. It doesn’t hurt to ask how the engraving is going to be done. Many will be done in-house while others can be shipped to another location.
- It’s best to consider an in-house service since this will lessen the chance of the ring from getting lost.
- Before you consider meeting with an expert, try jotting down exactly what you want. Do you want it for a certain event? Do you want a certain font? Do you want a certain date? These are perfect questions to ask so that you can have the perfect engraving job.
How can I save money?
- To save money, you will need to make sure that you compare prices with at least 3 different jewelers. Many are going to offer the services at different prices and you would want to go with the place that can offer engraving services at the lowest price possible.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|