How Much Does Jewelry Repair Cost?
Jewelry repair is the process of fixing a broken piece of jewelry. From earrings to bracelets to rings, there are several scenarios when jewelry tends to break or come across some sort of problem. Some common problems include rings snapping into two or a bracelet lock getting snapped. Repairing can consist of replacing the locks on bracelets or joining the ends of the ring to make it a complete circle again. The price for repair depends on the type of jewelry, the type of repair, the complexity and jeweler performing the repair.
How much is it?
- Jewelry repair can cost anywhere from $5 for a simple repair to as much as $300 for a complex repair.
- Bumps on a ring can cost between $30 and $55. A break in a ring can cost anywhere from $19 to $55 depending on how large the break is.
- If 2 rings have to be soldered together, jewelers may charge anywhere from $20 to $45. Soldering more than 3 rings can cost $55 to $75.
- The price for removing a stone from a ring can fall between $6 and $50 depending on the type of ring and its size.
- Straightening or refinishing a ring can cost between $14 to $50.
- For example, the website BCDeskin.com offers repair for various types of jewelries. They offer repairs for rings, necklaces, and bracelets and the price for their service ranges from $24 to $300.
- Another site that offers jewelry repair services is ActionPawnShops.com, which offers resizing and other services aside from repair. The price for the jewelry repair can be anywhere from $12 to $65. SavannahPawn.com provides repair for several type of jewelries. According to the list that they have, they repair rings for men and women for $8 to $150.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs for having your jewelry repaired are the replacements for some of the parts that may have been lost. For instance, if a diamond is missing and it is not under warranty, this can greatly increase the costs.
- Jewelry repair services may consist of modifying your jewelry and this can also add to the total cost of the repair.
- Expedited repairs that need to be made within 48 hours may require an extra charge.
What is going to be included?
- Most reputable jewelry stores will be able to give out a free estimate on what they can do in terms of repairs.
- Included with the jewelry repair service is the complete procedure and necessary adjustments needed to be made on the jewelry. Before the jewelry is handed back to you, the person that repaired it will make sure it is a complete fit.
How can I save money?
- To save money, locate the nearest establishment that can provide the service for you at the lowest price. Make sure that you compare prices among several shops to ensure that you will be able to get the best price for the service.
- If the jewelry was purchased within the last few years, check to see whether it is still under warranty if one was purchased.