How Much Does a Karaoke Machine Cost?
If you’ve been to a bar before, there’s a good chance that they hold a karaoke night. Now, whether you want one for your business, or for your own personal use at home, there are a lot of makes and models to choose from when you want to pick one out. When it comes down to the cost, there are many factors to consider.
How much is it?
- On average, a karaoke machine can cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $1,000+ for a professional model.
- The Singing Machine SML-383 made my Singing Machine will cost anywhere from $50 – $85 new to $40 used.
- A kid’s karaoke machine can cost anywhere from $15 to $90 depending on the brand. Higher end machines with a digital display are going to cost more than a machine with just a stand alone CD player and microphone.
- The Emerson GM527 DVD Karaoke player retails for around $190 to as much as $250 used. A used one can cost as little as $75.
- For a home karaoke system, the Singing Machine ISM1010 is a higher end model, and retails for $250 to $425 new. A used model varies anywhere from $225 and up.
- A portable systems such as the Emerson GP398 runs $45 to $60 new, and can cost anywhere from $35 to $50 used.
What is going to be included?
- Most models are going to come equipped with a microphone. Some complaints are that they are too cheap. Most retailers sell the karaoke microphone separately. A good model can run $10+
- Your higher end models will come equipped with a smaller TV screen. This screen will display many things such as images, as well as the lyrics to songs.
What are the extra costs?
- CDs that are designed for players such as these are going to cost extra. Some packs come with a trial version that you can use.
- As mentioned above, some machines are going to come equipped with a microphone, while others don’t. A good microphone will usually cost $10 – $30.
- Additional speakers for the machine can incur extra costs. While most machines will come equipped with some sort of speakers, many prefer to have some sort of surround sound, etc.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to know what type of software the machine is going to use. Right now there are three common styles of software packages that most machines out there use. Some software packages are going to be free equipped with some sort of ads, while many can be downloaded via a website that the brand provides. Do you want a physical copy of your music or do you want to download it from various resources on the Internet?
- Be sure to study the features. You’ll find that each machine is different with it’s features. One feature that you’ll want to look into are the special utilities that allow the singer to adjust his/her microphone volume with the music.
How can I save money?
- Consider buying the machine used on various websites such as the Amazon Marketplace, eBay and Craigslist.
- Be sure to compare at least three different makes and models. They will all vary in terms of pricing, features and more. This shouldn’t be a quick purchase.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|