How Much Does Car Keyless Entry Cost?
A remote keyless entry system is designed to allow access to a car using a tiny remote that attaches to a keychain. This remote can lock, unlock, as well as pop trunks and sound alarms. Keyless entry pads may also be installed on the door handle where the car owner can input a PIN to gain access to the car without using a key. While most newer cars come equipped with keyless entry installed by the factory, third party devices can be installed. The cost of one will depend upon the features, brand, and the shop installing it.
How much is it?
- On average, a car keyless entry system can cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $150 for the parts alone. These prices would not include professional labor.
- For example, the popular product Bulldog Keyless Entry System retails for $41 to $52. This particular system includes a 4-button transmitter as well as all necessary parts to hook it up to any make or model.
- An online eCommerce retailer CommandoAlarms.com sells keyless entry kits that cost anywhere from $30 to $50.
- To have the keyless entry installed by a professional, the charges can range from $100 to $300 for labor alone. Including the parts, the total package should be less than $425.
- Another eCommerce store such as eCarSecurity.com has a wide variety of keyless entry kits available for $35 to as much as $250. The price greatly depends on the brand as well as the features that the alarm has to offer.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending upon the make and model of the car, additional wiring kits and parts may be necessary in order to perform the job properly. All cars are going to be different when installation is performed.
- Many car owners opt to have a keypad installed on the car door as well. If this option is chosen, additional fees may apply. On average, this type of system will cost anywhere from $150 to as much as $400 to have installed. This installation process is going to depend upon the type of car, the complexity of the install as well as other factors.
- If this is an older model car, power locks may have to be installed on the car since manual locks will not work with a keyless entry system.
What is going to be included?
- A keyless entry kit will come with 2 to 4 key chains. On most standard kits, the key chain will have an unlock, lock, panic, and trunk release button. Some kits may also have a built in alarm that signals when unauthorized access is attempted. If unauthorized access is attempted, a killer starter switch may be activated.
How can I save money?
- Consider installing the kits without the help of a professional. There are various resources online that can help with the assistance of installing a keyless entry system.
- If you have your eyes set on a keyless entry system, it’s best to get a complete kit that includes a remote starter, alarm system and keyless entry. While the price may cost a tad more than just the keyless entry, it’s going to give you a lot more features that you can use down the road.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|