How Much Does a Kitchen Faucet Cost?
Whether you are redoing your whole kitchen, the kitchen sink, or only the actual faucet, you will have many types of faucets from which you can choose. Faucets are made in different materials, colors and can have different features. Most faucets will be made of stainless steel but can come in many different finishes such as satin, brushed nickle, black, red, etc.
How much is it?
- A kitchen faucet can cost as little as $50 or as much as $600. This price depends on the material, the brand, and the features.
- A kitchen faucet with one simple bar and one handle to control temperature will probably be the cheapest type of sink you can choose.
- A kitchen faucet with a longer bar and two handles to control temperature will cost slightly more.
- Faucets that have a pull-out neck will usually cost $200 or more. These sinks are great for jobs like doing dishes and filling large pots with water.
- For instance, the Delta Faucet 9178 retails for $200 to $300.
- Faucets can have certain features such as a sprayer, soap dispenser, or hot water button. Choosing a faucet with these extra features will put you in the higher price range.
- A wall mount faucet that is installed within the wall can cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $250. This will depend on the type of material the faucet is made of.
What is going to be included?
- All the hardware needed to install the faucet will be included. It should also come with an installation guide so you can do it yourself.
- Depending on the brand, a limited warranty may or may not be included.
What are the extra costs?
- If you would like to have your faucet professionally installed, this will be an extra cost.
- If you purchase your faucet online, you may have to pay for shipping.
- All the plumbing needed to run water to your kitchen faucet will be an extra cost, but will probably already be in place for you.
- Check your kitchen sink to see how many holes are available. Some faucets require only one hole, while others may require up to four. If your existing sink does not have enough holes for the faucet you choose, you may need to purchase a new sink as well.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to know your mounts. Common mounts are going to include those such as a deckplate, non-deckplate and wall-mounts. Each one can cater to different kitchen styles.
- Other things to look out for when purchasing a kitchen faucet are going to include the sprayers, handles, spouts and finish.
Top brands to consider:
- American Standard
- Price Pfister
How can I save money?
- Purchase a faucet that is easy to install so that you can do it yourself.
- Only buy a faucet with features you actually need. Don’t fall or gimmicks trying to get you to spend more money.
- Purchase your faucet from a local store to avoid shipping costs.
- If you’re going to have a professional install the faucet for you, it’s best to compare contractor quotes in your area. Use services such as Service Magic to help you find the lowest quotes in your area.