How Much Does Lanap Surgery Cost?
The Lanap procedure, known as the “Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure,” is a procedure designed to aid in the treatment of periodontitis. A dentist will use a laser that strips away and removes the infected pocketed epithelium from the tissue. This treatment is ideal for those that have a gum disease or gingivitis. The cost is going to vary depending on the severity of the case, the amount of treatments that need to be done, as well as other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, this surgery can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $8,000 depending on the location. For example, a dentist in New York City may be closer to that $8,000 mark, while a dentist in the middle of South Dakota could be closer to the $4,000 mark.
- Dentist may also charge “per side.” This means that they will perform the surgery on each side of your mouth, which can be up to 4-6. If you have the surgery done on one side only, it can cost $750 to $1,200 per side.
- The cost of this type of surgery is going to vary depending on the training as well as the skill that the periodontist has.
- If you have dental insurance, consider talking with your insurance provider to see what’s going to be covered. As long as it’s deemed medically necessary, there’s a rather good chance that it’s going to be covered.
What are the extra costs?
- Many dentist don’t offer this type of technology since the machine is rather expensive. If you choose to have the surgery done, the dentist may charge a consultation fee or office visit fee. This price is going to vary depending on the dentist’s fees.
- A cleaning and xray will be required before the surgery starts. The average teeth cleaning and xray package can cost $125 to $300.
- A follow-up visit will be required after the surgery is performed. The dentist is going to want to ensure that everything has healed properly, as well as to check to make sure that no damage has been done.
- Medicine such as Motrin or a prescription may be required after the procedure is done. Since the procedure is rather painful, a higher end pain killer may be prescribed to help with the pain.
What is going to be included?
- An x-ray and cleaning may all be included in the overall quote. A consultation as well may be included before the surgery starts. This is your time to ask questions on what is going to happen, as well as ask any additional questions.
- A traditional lanap surgery can have longer recovery times, sometimes causing a high tooth root sensitivity as well as gum recession.
How can I save money?
- Consider other options since this surgery is rather expensive. There are only a limited number of dentists out there that have this technology. Consult with your dentist to see what other alternatives are available.
- If you think you can’t afford this procedure, consider looking for dental discount plans that can help you save up to 60% through services such as DentalPlans.com.
- It’s best to consider this option if you have to. What most patients will find is that if they avoid this type of procedure, diseases such as gum disease can form down the road causing even more damage. On top of these diseases, it can also cause mental and stress spreading throughout the body.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|