How Much Does Landscape Lighting Cost?
Those that want to install new landscaping in their yards are going to find that trees and rocks just won’t do the yard justice. On top of all the grass and trees, there’s a good chance that you’re going to want to add some sort of lighting around the house. The cost of landscaping lighting is going to vary depending on the brand, the quantity, the installation, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- A LED flood light can cost $22 to $44. For example, the Malibu High Power LED light costs $23 to $29.
- Lights that are designed to go around a patio or deck can cost $50 to $200 per light fixture. Some of these deck lights can also be built right into the deck post itself.
- Solar panel landscaping lights will average $6 to $30 per light, or up to $100 for a package of 6 lights. Most lights are going to come in a pack of 6 or more. The Alpha Stainless Steel package of 6 will cost $66 to $100.
- Path lights that sit 3 to 6 feet tall that are placed on sidewalks can cost $75 to $300 per light.
- A professional job that requires a transformer, fixtures, and more equipment throughout the yard can cost upwards of $2,500 to $6,000. A smaller project will cost around the $2,500 mark, while a larger project that takes more than 4 days can cost $6,000 or more. For example, Sitelights.com offers a package that includes a transformer, 6 spotlight fixtures, 2 in-grounds, 2 floodlights and cable for around $2,800 including installation.
What are the extra costs?
- To have lighting professional installed throughout your yard can cost upwards of $3,000 for the labor itself. Professional installation fees are generally going to include the consultation, the supplies, and time required to complete the task.
- Outdoor lighting wire will be required in order to wire up the lights properly. Wiring won’t be required if you choose to purchase a solar panel light.
- A timer can be installed on the circuit for those that want the lights to come on a particular time throughout the day. A timer can cost $20 to $80.
- For a bigger job, transformers will be required in order to ensure that the lights are all on one circuit to prevent shortages. On average, a transformer is going to cost $350 to $1,500 depending on the voltage and other factors.
- Some lights may require an additional guard. These guards are ideal for lights that are built into the ground. This will prevent the light from getting smashed or crushed by people walking along the path.
What is going to be included?
- A light bulb designed for the light itself.
- Some lights may come equipped with a cover to protect it if it’s installed into the ground itself.
- Higher end LCD lights can come with a warranty that can last up to a lifetime.
How can I save money?
- If choosing a professional service to help install the landscape lighting, be sure to compare at least three companies in your area. Services such as Service Magic can help you find contractor quotes in your town.
- Compare different types of bulbs and set ups. A solar powered light is going to be a lot more efficient that a set up that has to be wired throughout the yard itself.