How Much Does a Language Translator Cost?
A professional translator is ideal for anyone looking to have another language translated for them. Many companies opt to hire a service if they are meeting with a client overseas that is unable to speak the same language as they do, or if someone receives a paper that isn’t written in his native language. The cost of a language translation service is going to vary depending on the company, the language, and the time needed.
How much is it?
- A translation service online that will type up a report from one language to another can range from $0.10 to $0.55 a word. Common languages such as Italian, Spanish, and Russian can be translated for a lower cost, while a rare language such as Eskimo, Greenlandic, or others may yield a higher price tag.
- For example, the company ClarkTranslations.com has a price list that varies anywhere from $0.14 for Latin American Spanish to as much as $0.30 per word for a language such as Nuer, Mien, etc.
- Instead of translating, revisions can also be done that can range from $0.04 to $0.15 per word.
- For a translator or interpreter needed in person, one can charge upwards of $75 to $500 per hour depending on the language, as well as the time needed. These types of interpreters can help with everything from phone calls to court hearings to meetings.
What are the extra costs?
- Most companies will charge a minimum fee. This fee can start at $25 to $200. Regardless of what you send in, the company may apply this fee.
- If the language is rare, or the company doesn’t have the necessary resources, a premium may have to be paid in order to find someone that can help translate the document itself. While common languages such as Spanish and Italian are going to be cheaper, each service is going to have their own pricing structure.
- For a turnaround time of less than 24 hours can cost more than the basic turnaround time. Most companies will be able to translate a document within 2 to 5 days, depending on the size. Urgent jobs are going to have a premium attached.
- For revisions or edits, an editor will be needed for the work. If the work has to be sent back for revisions, some may charge $25 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- A translation service is going to be able to convert one document in one language to another of your choice. This document should look identical, but in a different language.
- A language translator in person will be able to assist you with any help that you need with translating one language to another. This can vary anywhere from a phone call to an interview in person.
How can I save money?
- For document services online, be sure to compare at least 2 to 5 companies to get a good idea on what they are going to charge. Be sure to look for reviews online to ensure that you’re signing up with a company that is legitimate.
- Some companies may also revise your work. Consider running a free translation system such as Google Translate and have someone revise it afterwards to have it make more sense.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|