How Much Do Laptop Batteries Cost?
Laptops are one of the most convenient gadgets ever invented. Like any gadget, it needs a power source since you take it with you wherever you go. The battery may be drained depending on the amount of time you spend on your laptop. Over time, however, the battery can be damaged or its lifespan can be shortened. This can be a problem since this is the laptop’s main source of energy. Laptop batteries are sold individually so that you can buy one and take it along with you in case your battery runs out; or you may opt to buy it when your battery does not function normally anymore. Laptop batteries have different models depending on the model of the laptop itself. The price depends on the type of laptop battery as well as its lifespan. Three cell batteries provide a normal power lifespan and six cell batteries provide a longer power output.
How much is it?
- On average, a laptop battery is going to cost anywhere from $25 to $115. This is going to depend on your laptop’s brand, the amount of cells, as well as the year of your laptop. Older batteries may be harder to find.
- Nickel Cadmium batteries are going to cost $45 to $115. Nickel Metal Hydride batteries are going to cost $40 to $135. The more common type of battery, the Lithium Ion, can cost $25 to $140.
- There are several companies that sell different batteries for laptops. For example, a laptop battery for the Dell Inspiron series can cost anywhere from $18 to $34. A laptop battery for many HP models can cost $22 to $45.
- Newer laptop batteries that use the six cell technology can cost anywhere from $22 to $76.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involve the power charger that may be purchased to plug in your laptop to recharge the battery. Power chargers can be purchased anywhere from $12 to $20. Some brands may come with the charger, while other brands do not.
- While most laptops only come with one battery, many opt to purchase more than one. If this is the case, most batteries will fall into the price range listed above.
What is going to be included?
- Laptop batteries are guaranteed to work, but there will be times that the item may not work as intended.
- When you purchase the laptop battery, it includes a warranty from the company so it will be covered from any factory defects. This warranty lasts up to 5 years on average.
How can I save money?
- Buy a replacement battery or a spare battery when it is absolutely needed. You may have the option to purchase the spare so the main battery source will not be used most of the time.
- Try to buy OEM laptop batteries that will offer superb performance at a slightly higher cost but can provide a longer lifespan and better customer service.
- If the laptop is still under warranty, many major companies will be more than happy to send a replacement. Always make sure that you keep all the necessary paperwork to ensure that you can get a replacement battery if the current one fails.