How Much Does Laptop Screen Replacement Cost?
Laptop screen replacements can be found through the company that produced the laptop as well as several third party companies. Laptop screen problems range from a few dead pixels to a completely black screen. Laptop replacement screens are priced differently depending on a few different factors. The factors considered are the brand of the laptop and the size of the screen.
How much is it?
- On average, laptop screens are going to cost anywhere from $80 to $125 depending on the brand, the size, and whether it is new or used.
- For example, LCD screens for laptops under the Acer brand are priced anywhere from $85 to $97.
- Apple laptop screens are one of the most in-demand items sold in the market. These screens are usually out of stock and are hard to find. The price for these LCD screens can range anywhere from $87 to $99.
- One of the most popular laptop brands are the HP brand. HP laptop replacement screens are often easily available on the market. The price for most of the HP replacement screens is anywhere from $90 to $139. Lenovo replacement screens are sold anywhere from $85 to $99.
- LaptopScreen.com is an authentic laptop screen retailer online that offers official screens for any make or model online. According to their site, screens can start at as little as $49 and go up to as much as $200+ depending on the brand of the computer. This price wouldn’t include a professional installation.
What are the extra costs?
- If you have a technician work on the laptop to install the screen replacement, the cost of repair will be added on top of the initial cost of the screen. Technicians usually charge anywhere from $40 to $120 to install the screen completely.
- The additional shipping charge may apply if the screen is purchased through an online retailer.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the purchase are the cables needed to connect the screen to your laptop. It also includes the back light for the laptop screen in case it is damaged as well.
- Most companies offer free shipping and handling as part of the payment made for the item itself.
How can I save money?
- There are different companies online that sell laptop replacement screens and you can browse through them to find which company can offer the screen at the lowest price. One of the best places to look for a laptop screen is eBay. While most of them are used, it’s a great way to save money.
- Check with your manufacturer to see if the laptop is still under warranty. If the screen had a defect due to manufacturing issues, they can arrange to have it repaired for free.
- Consider purchasing the laptop screen through various retailers online. Replacing a laptop screen isn’t as hard as you think as there are many step-by-step instructions online that can assist with helping you install it.
- Be sure to compare the professional costs to a new laptop cost. Today, laptops can be found for as little as a few hundred dollars, so it may be silly to replace your old screen with a new or refurbished one.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|