How Much Does Laundry Detergent Cost?
Laundry detergents are cleaning solutions specifically designed to clean clothes during the washing process. Laundry detergents provide great smelling clean clothes depending on the type of detergent you use. Most detergents also aid in ridding your clothes of stains and spots. Laundry detergents come in at least two forms on the market; one is in liquid form and the other in powder form. People in the United States having the convenience of using front load washing machines often use liquid laundry detergents, and the prices of these can vary depending on the amount of detergent as well as the brand.
How much is it?
- On average, liquid laundry detergent is going to cost anywhere from $5 to $25. Powder laundry detergent is going cost $11 to $45 depending on the brand and the number of loads. Smaller travel sized detergents can cost $3 to $10 for 3 to 6 loads.
- A popular brand such as Tide has an original scent liquid detergent which can cost $9 to $13 per 32 load bottle.
- Formulation of laundry detergents have improved over the years and there are laundry detergents that have fabric conditioner mixed in. For example, Tide with touch of Downy sells 50 ounce bottles for $10 to $16.
- As washing machines tend to change, so does the laundry detergent. New front load washers now use H.E. (high efficiency) detergent. H.E. only detergent can cost $8 to $30 per bottle.
- For drop packets that drop right into the washing machine, the cost can range from $20 to $37 per 100 packets. For example, Dropps Laundry packs cost $6 for a pack of 20.
- Baby detergent is designed for baby items such as clothing, blankets, and more. This formula is geared toward those with gentle or sensitive skin. Baby detergent can cost $15 to $35 per 50 – 150 ounce bottle.
What are the extra costs?
- For white clothing, you may need to purchase additional chemicals such as bleach to effectively remove heavy stains and dirt.
- Fabric conditioners cost extra as well. You usually add fabric softeners during the drying process. Fabric softener can cost $3 to $14 a box.
What is going to be included?
- Most of the laundry detergent sold on the market comes with its own measuring cup to add the exact amount of detergent needed per batch of clothes being washed.
- Travel detergents may come with individual wrapped packets making it easier to do laundry on the go.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Follow instructions usually printed on the back of the bottle or box. This guarantees that you use the specified and suggested amount of detergent. Don’t overuse the detergent, as it can just end up being wasteful.
- Look for more affordable laundry detergents. They may offer the same cleaning power compared to the more expensive brands and cost half the price. A great place to look at places such as the dollar stores.
- Consider purchasing detergent on a wholesale level to save even more.
- Most brands will have coupons readily available through various websites online. These coupons can be found through social media websites such as Facebook as well as directly on their company webpage.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|