How Much Does Laundry Service Cost?
Doing your laundry can be very difficult and time consuming for some people. This is why people often hire laundry services. Most laundry services either allow you to drop off your laundry or they can pick it up for you, and you will be given an estimated time when the clothes will be finished and ready for pick-up. There are several factors considered for the varying price of laundry services. These factors involve the location of the store, the quality of service, as well as the type of clothes that you would like to be serviced. The main factors considered, however, is the type of clothing you ask to be serviced.
How much is it?
- On average, expect to pay anywhere from $0.75 to $3 per pound. The turnaround time can vary from a few hours to a few days, depending on how busy the location is. Mayfield’s Quality Cleaners in Alaska will charge $1.57 a pound with an 8 pound minimum.
- If you want to have particular items dry cleaned such as a 2 piece suit, it can cost $14 to $25, while 3 piece suits can cost anywhere from $16 to $30. Different types of pants and slacks vary in prices as well. A hot head press, regular and ski pants can cost $6 to $12. Dresses such as sleeveless, or regular one or two piece dresses can cost anywhere from $10 to $22.
- Some laundry services can charge on a per person basis. There will usually be a maximum amount of laundry that can be dropped off. With a service such as this, there are services that could charge $25 to $55 per person with a maximum of 20 to 30 pounds.
What are the extra costs?
- Pressing of clothes is also available as an added service. Depending on the type of clothing that you ask to be pressed, the price can vary from $3 to $20.
- Wash and dry services are also optional and the price for it is $2 per pound, and most services will ask for a minimum such as 5 to 15 pounds.
- While optional, many laundry services expect tips. 5% to 15% of the total bill is sufficient enough.
- For dry cleaning services or clothes that can’t be washed in the washing machine, the laundry service can hang dry and wrap the clothing for an additional fee.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the service for which you pay, the inclusions can vary from a simple folding of the clothes to full service which includes washing and pressing, as well as folding of clothes.
How can I save money?
- Try to save up for your own washing machine and dryer if you do heavy loads every week. Having your own machine can save up on costs on laundry service and gas money as well.
- Shop around as many laundry mats are going to vary with their pricing.
- Consider going to a local laundrymat at the washer and dryers here are going to be a lot cheaper than a service. On average, a washer and dryer can be ran for less than $1.50 per load. Keep in mind that most of the equipment here can fit more than the typical washer and dryer at home.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|