How Much Does Lawn Care Service Cost?
Lawn care services provide an easy to the solution to the problem of lawn maintenance. Keeping up with a lawn can be very time consuming and difficult for people who lead busy lives. Hiring a lawn care service can allow the homeowner to have a nice lawn without the work. Contractors that provide lawn care service usually visit the house weekly or bi weekly. Their prices depend on the ability of the lawn care provider,the size of the yard, the services desired, etc.
How much is it?
- The size of the lot where the lawn is located will serve as a determining factor for the lawn care cost. Small lots that measure up to 6,000 square feet can cost anywhere from $20 to $55 weekly, while bi-weekly jobs can charge up to $70. According to LandscapingIdeasOnline, the average lawn service fees are $120 to $150 per month.
- Some services may charge by the acre in general. On average, this price can vary from $5 to $35 per 1/4 acre.
- Contractors also offer lawn services for people with bigger lots that measure up to 10,000 square feet and this can cost anywhere from $23 to $58. The prices mentioned above usually require a minimum of six services, and if it is less than this there will be no discounts.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional services that include hedge trimming, bed work, over grown mowing can charge up to $50 per 30 minutes of work for a three man crew. Other optional services may include weeding of the garden, edging of the driveway, weed killing, etc.
- For a healthier lawn, applying fertilizer would be a good idea and an annual application of fertilization can start at $125. Only some lawn service companies may provide a service such as this one.
- Tree care service as well as removing and planting new bushes, shrubs and trees can be consider additional costs.
- For complex yards that have fences, many trees, or obstacles, lawn care services may charge more on top of their basic price.
- For additional services in the winter such as snow plowing and salting can be additional prices as well depending on the size of the driveway.
What is going to be included?
- The basic services included are mowing of the grass, edging, weed trimming and blowing or clean up of the mess made during the process.
- Most lawn services will set up a schedule where they will come out on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Most lawn care services will require that you sign a minimum contract for the season.
How can I save money?
- Several contractors in your area may offer lawn care services and it would be a good idea to shop for the contractor that can offer their service at the lowest price possible. Use services such as Service Magic to help you find the cheapest contractor in your area.
- You can opt to have continuing service throughout the year so the contractors can give you discount rates for their services.
- Many companies will give discounts to loyal customers. Choose a company and stick with it to take advantage of this.