How Much Does Lawn Fertilizer Cost?
Having a nice looking lawn adds appeal to your home, but trying to maintain your lawn is one of the hardest things to achieve. Making sure that your lawn is healthy takes patience, and it can take a toll on you if your desired results are not achieved. Lawn fertilizers provide the best solution to keep your lawn in tip-top condition. Fertilizer can be applied to your lawn, and they have several components that help the lawn stay green and healthy. Fertilizers used to be organic and were sometimes be hard to obtain, but nowadays many companies manufacture lawn fertilizers in different ways, which makes them available almost everywhere. Lawn Fertilizers are sold in bags and can be in powder or liquid form.
How much is it?
- On average, lawn fertilizer is going to cost anywhere from $15 to $40 per bag. Bags are going to range from 1 to 50 pound bags.
- There are several brands available for each type of fertilizer. For example, Miracle Gro has a lawn food in 5 pound bags that retails from $17 to $23.
- Liquid lawn fertilizer can cost $16 to $32. This type of lawn fertilizer is considered to be organic fertilizer. Each bottle contains a gallon of liquid fertilizer, which is good for up to 16,000 square feet. Hasta Gro Lawn Food Liquid Fertilizer can cost $10 to $13 per quart. Miracle Gro also offers lawn and garden feeder lawn fertilizer. This product comes with a hose end sprayer that makes it easy to mix plant food and water. This is priced at $13 to $16.
- A popular brand such as Scotts sells lawn fertilizers that have 2 weed controls and can protect over the winter in addition to building a foundation for a long lasting health. This provides up to 5,000 square feet of coverage and can kill weeds. This particular brand can cost $21 to $28.
- Lawn fertilizer that is going to be spread by a professional company will greatly vary on the size of the yard. Depending on the amount of acreage, it could range anywhere from $20 to $55 per every 0.5 acres.
What is going to be included?
- Some products will include a mixer that combines plant and water.
- Some liquid fertilizer will come with a spray nozzle to make spraying easy.
What are the extra costs?
- A pre-mix sprayer is required to make sure that the measurement is equal before applying it to the lawn.
- For fertilizer on bigger lawns, a spreader will be required to ensure that the fertilizer is spread evenly. These spreaders can cost $13 to $50.
How can I save money?
- Compare prices among several brands and buy the most affordable lawn fertilizer. There are different companies that sell lawn fertilizers that have the same effect, but the prices will greatly vary.
- Buy only the amount of lawn fertilizer that you need. If you have extra fertilizer, however, you can always keep it in storage for long periods of time.
- If you’re going to have a professional come out to fertilizer your lawn, consider comparing services before signing a contract. Use websites such as ServiceMagic.com to help you find the lowest quotes in your area.