How Much Does a Lawn Mower Cost?
Our lawns are the very first thing people notice, aside from the house itself. We invest in making sure that our lawns always look as good as possible. A lawn mower is a handy tool that cuts grass evenly. Lawn mowers have a rotating blade underneath while it’s being pushed around to cut the lawn. There are different types of lawn mower sold in the market. There are electric powered lawn mowers and manual lawn mowers. Their prices vary depending on several factors such as the power output, the type of lawn mower, and brand name.
How much is it?
- A self propelled lawn mower that assists you with mowing the lawn is going to cost $130 to $500. For example, The Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog has 19 inch deck size and its 12 amp motor produces enough power for heavy duty workload. These can cost $209 to $240.
- A lawn mower that produces less energy can cost $125 to $200. These lawn mowers are ideal for average sized lawns. Black and Decker’s model LM175 has a 6.5 amp motor and only weighs 35 pounds. This particular model, for example, can cost $140 to $170.
- Hand reel mowers are manual lawn mowers that don’t take gasoline; these can average $45 to $75.
- Battery operated lawn mowers operate with a battery that can be recharged. While there aren’t many on the market today, the average cost can vary from $350 to $500, with additional batteries costing extra.
- A riding lawn mower will greatly vary depending on the brand, the size, and horsepower. The average riding lawn mower can cost $900 to $2,000. For a professional, zero turn mowers may be necessary but they tend to be more expensive. These types of lawn mowers can cost $2,000 to $6,000 or more depending on the cutting deck size, brand, and other various factors.
What are the extra costs?
- Blades will have to be sharpened once a season. This can either be done by a professional or yourself. A professional can charge $15 to $35 for a basic lawn mower blade sharpening.
- Extension cords are needed for electric based mowers, so you can go farther while mowing your lawn. A typical extension cord costs $15.
- Gasoline and other additional accessories such as oil, filters and more will be required to ensure that your mower functions properly.
- Over time, wear and tear may cause your mower to break down, or need additional maintenance. This may require additional parts or a technician.
What is going to be included?
- The lawn mower unit itself, as well as the blade or string trimmer, will be included. Some models will include a removable battery as well.
- Instruction booklets as well as sample size pint of oil and other necessary materials needed in order to run the mower on the first day will come in the package.
- Most local stores such as Sears will deliver the lawn mower to your home if you can’t pick it up from your local store.
How can I save money?
- Choose a lawn mower that has low energy if you have just an averaged size lawn. Remember to schedule your mowing every week or bi weekly to save up on energy costs as well.
- Consider purchasing a used lawn mower, especially if you want to purchase a professional type such as a zero turn mower. Craigslist is a good resource to check for second hand mowers.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|