How Much Does a LCD Projector Cost?
A LCD projector is another type of video projector that displays everything from video to images. Today, the LCD projectors are known as the 3LCD and are mainly manufactured by the company Epson. Other technologies that are similar to a LCD projector include the DLP and LCOS. The cost of a LCD projector is going to greatly vary on the brand, the features, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a LCD projector can cost anywhere from $210 to $900. An LCD price will greatly vary depending on the picture quality. A 720p can be in the lower price range, while a 1080p can be into to the higher price range.
- A LCD projector with a resolution of 1080p will have an average cost of $300 to as much as $2,000. Keep in mind that there are projectors with this type of resolution that can be upwards of $5,000+
- A projector with a 1080i screen resolution can range anywhere from $300 to as much as $2,500 and beyond. 720p projectors can cost $250 to as much as $1,300.
- A pocket, portable projector that can be taken anywhere can vary anywhere from $120 to as much as $1,000.
- For example, the Epson VS200 Multimedia 3LCD Projector retails for $380 to $430. The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD Projector by Epson retails for $580 to $750.
- According to the website Mozdex.com, they claim that a video LCD Projector can range anywhere from $200 to as much as $900. They note that you should watch out for the replacement light costs as lamps can get rather expensive.
What are the extra costs?
- Over time, the lamp in the projector will burn out. The typical LCD projector lamp can last anywhere from 3,000 to 8,000 hours or more. Once the lamp burns out, a new one will have to be purchased. The average lamp can start from $200 and go up from there. It’s going to greatly depend on the brand and type of lamp.
- A projection screen will be needed for those that want to have a movie theater set up. Special paint can also be purchased for those that do not want to purchase a screen.
- Since cables that come with the LCD projector are rather short, many opt to purchase cables that reach 25 to 50 feet.
- Mounts as well as professional installation will vary depending on the set up and how it is going to be used. Mounts are ideal for those that want a movie theater set up.
What is going to be included?
- LCD projectors come with a USB hookup that can either be plugged into a computer or a TV. Other cables such as the power and VGA cable may be included as well.
- Major brands such as Epson will include a limited warranty that can last up to a lifetime.
- A lamp will come standard with most projectors.
- These projectors are going to come in basic resolutions that are going to include SVGA, XGA an SXGA. Each resolution can offer a different type of presentation.
How can I save money?
- LCD projectors generally are not the main choice for most that want a home theater. Consider other options such as a LED or DLP.
- Consider second hand items on Craigslist and eBay. If going this route, be sure to ask questions as well as ask if you can see how it works before purchasing it. Many may get rid of it once the bulb goes out. Purchasing a second hand projector can save you up to 40%.
- If these projectors are going to be purchased in bulk, consider looking for discounts with various retailers.